Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Extremely Slow Fire 7"

This is a discussion on Extremely Slow Fire 7" within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My 7" fire tablet has become ridiculously slow, taking upwards of a minute to load some apps. I already tried rebooting it, didn't work. Help!...

Member #

Extremely Slow Fire 7"

My 7" fire tablet has become ridiculously slow, taking upwards of a minute to load some apps. I already tried rebooting it, didn't work. Help!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    That IS slow, is it just some apps or are all apps slow ? If just a small number, delete them and reinstall, some apps are huge, particularly side loaded ones, that arnt designed for a kindles limited processing power and can be a but if a,wait for them to launch

It's hard with out having it to play with,

The reboot is holding the button down till it switches off, then keep holding till it comes back on again then run a utility that cleans cache files, a surplus of these will slow apps down

Still slow! Go into settings, then apps and games, then mange all apps,, then swipe right to left, till you get to " running apps"
    That page will tell you how much ram your using and which apps are running all the time, using up both ram and processor..

Then shut down the running apps by clicking on them and then hitting "force stop" some will warn you that shutting them is a bad idea, so leave those ones.
    Some will just restart on their own after a few seconds, but your looking to get the ram used bar down as far as you can.( If you have down loaded a fair number of apps, you can literally drown the machine in processes) to free up the processor.

If that doesn't work id suspect malware, and would install malware bites from the " Amazon shop" and run that, worth getting it anyways,
    Last edited by jobo; 03-09-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links