Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Numbers On The Keyboard

This is a discussion on Numbers On The Keyboard within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I just inherited a Kindle Fire 8. Is there any way to get the numbers row on the keyboard without using the "?123" button? Failing ...

Member #

Numbers On The Keyboard

I just inherited a Kindle Fire 8. Is there any way to get the numbers row on the keyboard without using the "?123" button? Failing that, can anyone recommend a good replacement keyboard app?

I don't have a problem with the default keyboard outside of this, all I want is a row of numbers above the qwerty row. I don't need emojis or anything fancy.

Why? All my passwords have numbers in them, it's a pain to enter a few letters, then ?123, a number or three, ?123, more letters, ?123, numbers, etc. I never let the device store my passwords, and I don't stay logged in.

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I've never viewed this as any sort of problem, but in the spirit of community I've just pulled my kindle out.
    On mine, a 2017 7" , above and just to the right of each letter on the top row, is,a,smaller fainter number, ie q has a fainter 1, close to it, I've just discover that a long press one q , delivers a 1.

with or with out the fainter numbers, long press on,q gives a 1. Long on W gives a 2, its a,standard android function. It's just you have to remember which letter relates to which number , if the faint numbers are not present on your device

SO, either way round, if you want a 1 long press on q, if you want a 7 lo g press on u and so on, hope this helps
    Last edited by jobo; 02-18-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    above and just to the right of each letter on the top row, is,a,smaller fainter number, ie q has a fainter 1, close to it, I've just discover that a long press one q , delivers a 1.
    Thanks. I don't have the numbers on my display but a long press does give a number.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    We'll thats got us,somewhere, it difficult to solve this with out having the same issue, clearly Amazon decieded at sone point that little numbers on the main screen were a good idea!. Maybe this has been addressed in a soft ware update? Go in to device, in the,settings and,check you are,running the latest version

In key board settings there are hundreds of keyboards you can select, some are of no use unless you want to type in,Arabic, but there are multiple versions of the,qwerty key board you could try to see if numbers are included.

A quick look on the Amazon stores shows only a small number of keys board apps, all of which show numbers included along the top row, there is only one way to find out if this will translate to numbers shown on your,screen, and as they are all free its just a matters if spending 5 minutes to see,
    Let's me know if either of the,above sorts it out
    Last edited by jobo; 02-19-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links