Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How To Suppress "Start 48-Hour Offline Viewing Period" Prompt?

This is a discussion on How To Suppress "Start 48-Hour Offline Viewing Period" Prompt? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I bought a Fire 8 for my children to use on airplane flights (they're aged almost 2 years). I purchased FreeTime Unlimited subscription, created a ...

Member #

Question How To Suppress "Start 48-Hour Offline Viewing Period" Prompt?

I bought a Fire 8 for my children to use on airplane flights (they're aged almost 2 years). I purchased FreeTime Unlimited subscription, created a profile for them, decided on five shows that it's okay for them to watch, downloaded them, and blocked all other content from FreeTime Unlimited. Everything is working fine on airplane except...

Every time they click on an already-downloaded video to watch it, there pops up a prompt: "Start 48-hour offline viewing period... [Watch later] / [Watch now]", and they have to click the Watch Now button.

I understand the reasons behind this prompt, but I still want to disable it -- I want it to act as if we always implicitly clicked the "Watch Now" button. They're only 23 months old. They can navigate most of the child profile themselves, but this prompt is beyond their ability to read or make sense of or click the right button. They have to ask for my help on this screen, which frustrates them.

Please tell me -- how can I stop this prompt from appearing on every single video? I don't want to have to click through every single video on all three of my children's devices just to dismiss the prompt myself for them.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    As tablets even children's profiles arnt designed for people who can't read, in be surprise if there is a by pass function for people who can't read, look in the,settings for the app to see? If not you will have to train them which button to press to get to the next screen! Which they should pick up easily enough, even with out being able to read the prompt
    Last edited by jobo; 01-02-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links