Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Changes I'd like to see...

This is a discussion on Changes I'd like to see... within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I've had my Kindle for a week or three now and really do appreciate what a fine little buy this was for me. As always ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Arkayyd
  • 2 Post By jsh1120

Thread: Changes I'd like to see...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Changes I'd like to see...

I've had my Kindle for a week or three now and really do appreciate what a fine little buy this was for me.

As always though there are a couple of adjustments i'd like to see to help make this a bit more convenient.

1) Let us choose what ends up on the Carousel through a long click rather than any app/website/book accessed appearing and having to be cleared later.

2) Give us an option to show the % of battery left rather than just the graphic. Couple that with the percent charged while it's plugged in.

3) Show the battery state when the unit is turned on and sitting at the password screen.

4) Add a software volume control to Netflix and the Amazon Streaming app so we don't have to exit to adjust it.

Anyone else have a wish list for the Fire?
    cmcalpine55 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Have u submitted ur ideas to Amazon? They definately would love all feed backs for improvements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have been to the Amazon site and posted feedback.

Without a proper Kindle fire forum there I don't think many owner's concerns will get strong attention though.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    +1 on changes to the Carousel. My preference would be to make placement of items on the Carousel to require user approval rather than defaulting them. I spend far too much time removing items from the Carousel. If I chose the apps that appear there, it wouldn't be so cluttered. Why do I have to waste time banishing items I've already accessed.

I'd also add that I think the placement of Favorites and the Carousel should be reversed with the former at the top of the screen. I want easiest access to items I've designated as my "Favorites." Not the items I've just finished using. This seems pretty obvious to me. Frankly, I think the current placement resulted from designers' desire to show off the animation of the Carousel rather than any analysis of the user experience.
    cmcalpine55 and wuxiao0715 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree...a pain having to remove from all the time. Maybe the next upgrade will have it. Still think the kindle fire is GREAT!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    I would love to see TTS on the fire....why would they take that away??? and the battery power seems lacking...even with wifi off and not so bright screen...other than that LOVE it!!

Member #
    I hope these 'improvements' on the Kindle Fire will be available on the rumored Kindle Fire 2.
    ColcaSac

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkayyd View Post
    I've had my Kindle for a week or three now and really do appreciate what a fine little buy this was for me.

As always though there are a couple of adjustments i'd like to see to help make this a bit more convenient.

1) Let us choose what ends up on the Carousel through a long click rather than any app/website/book accessed appearing and having to be cleared later.

2) Give us an option to show the % of battery left rather than just the graphic. Couple that with the percent charged while it's plugged in.

3) Show the battery state when the unit is turned on and sitting at the password screen.

4) Add a software volume control to Netflix and the Amazon Streaming app so we don't have to exit to adjust it.

Anyone else have a wish list for the Fire?
    Wow... my sentiments exactly! I too love my Fire but would also love those fixes/updates/

Haven't experienced #4, but your suggestions 1-3 are right on the money. I didn't realize that other folks were just removing things from the carousel as I do... good to know. Make that an option... whether items go onto the carousel.

I do use Enhanced Email, but having Amazon improve the built-in email app with font size choices will benefit many, many users. Again; items 1-3 are software fixes and should be relatively straightforward to provide in an update.

/BD

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedogrun View Post

Haven't experienced #4, but your suggestions 1-3 are right on the money. I didn't realize that other folks were just removing things from the carousel as I do... good to know. Make that an option... whether items go onto the carousel.
    Actually, #4 has already been implemented via software updates to the Amazon video player and Netflix. Most welcome.

BTW, I've been using the K9 email client for quite awhile on several Android devices. Works quite well and provides font size control along with a number of other nice options. Available free in the Amazon App Store.
    Last edited by jsh1120; 02-28-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Member #
    I,too, love my KFire, but I not care for the keyboard. I would like the ability to install a different one.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links