Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Best browser I've found

This is a discussion on Best browser I've found within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I found the Boat Browser to be pretty usable....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member #
    I found the Boat Browser to be pretty usable.

Member #
    Would. Really like to know how to acquire and use. What is the fastest way to get to favorites on KF?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by markwong58877 View Post
    Skyfire 2.0 works best for those who demand high for video playback
    Sure if you don't mind the fact that all UrLs you visit go through their server. Same goes any of the "Mini" version of browsers like Dolphin and Opera.

Skyfire is a mobile web browser which renders requested web page on a proprietary server and relays it to the browser on the end user's mobile phone which displays the content.
    No thanks I will stick with Firefox and only open Dolphin or Silk when I need to play a flash video(which is pretty much never).

See their privacy policy here: Privacy Policy

"Once you have subscribed to and begin to use the Browser, we will collect information about your use of the Browser on your Device (“Browser Usage Information”). Browser Usage Information includes such information as which websites and programs you access or download on your Device, how long you visit such websites and use such programs, your activities (such as products purchased or advertisements viewed) on such websites, which specific areas of a website or webpage you use and for how long, websites you bookmark, search terms you use, referring/exit pages, browser and platform types, the geographic location in which your Device is being used and information you provide on third party websites. All of your Browser Usage Information is stored together by Skyfire under an automatically generated, random identification number (“ID Number”) that will not be associated with or linked to your other Personal Information. By downloading our Browser and accepting our Terms of Use (which includes acceptance of this Privacy Policy), you have given us your express consent to collect and use Browser Usage Information and tie it to an ID Number."

With no way to opt-out. Then again I am a paranoid tin foil hat wearing geek. I use tor on my phone, kindle, and laptop. Along with Android Firewall, Lookout and LBE Privacy on my phone.
    And a crap load of extensions on Firefox especially AdblockPlus with easy list+easy privacy+antisocial, and NoScript.

No way I would use any of the browsers that send data to their servers to make the internet 'better'.

Member #
    Firefox is best in all browser.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links