Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is this a good tablet for newbies?

This is a discussion on Is this a good tablet for newbies? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello guys, i'm thinking to buy an Android tablet PC for my friend (a girl) as a Xmas gift, she likes play games, and watch ...

Banned
    Member #

Is this a good tablet for newbies?

Hello guys, i'm thinking to buy an Android tablet PC for my friend (a girl) as a Xmas gift, she likes play games, and watch videos online, So, which tablet do you recommend? she have AT&T but she's not interested in a contract. thanks for any suggests in advance!
    Last edited by alphawave7; 01-11-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: removed links

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    1. your not sinking a lot of money into a tablet if she doesn''t like it
    2. As far as tablets go it is pretty easy to operate
    3. if she is a "reader"..getting books is almost too easy
    4. Most games are free and easy to use
    5. can do alot of things...email,,,internet....games....
    6. Its' basically a small PC she can fit in her purse.....

whats not to like!!!!

Member #
    While I love my Kindle Fire, it's not really a full blown Android tablet. It was designed to be an Amazon centric e-reader that also allows you to get Android apps from the Amazon Android App Store and access the Android Cloud.

You cannot get apps from the Android Market...at least not yet so if the App Store doesn’t carry the app you’re looking for then you’ll have to get it somewhere else and side load it (manually install the app).

With that said, I’ve found there’re very few apps that I use from the Android Market on my two phones that I can’t get from Amazon. The Amazon App Store does have similar apps for the specific ones that I was looking for so I was able to find the app I needed.

In the end it has a few limitations when compared to the typical Android tablet but for the price it’s a great place to start. IMHO, there isn’t another device that can touch the Fire for the price...although, I have seen the NOVO7 in your first link much cheaper than the price on that site so that may be a consideration.

Mike

DBSTalk, Camera3, KindleBoards, SCWF
    ASME - NRTC - C&WMM - 6EQUJ5 WOW! - BOINC; LHC@home/Team USA, Seti@home/Team USA, Einstein@home, Milkyway@home
    Since it costs 2.4 to produce a penny, my 2 worth is really 4.8 worth.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    there are several "app stores" like Amazon, Getjar, 1Mobile Market and others that are easily downloaded that have most of the apps that the Android Market has.....My HTC Thunderbolt and my KF are almost identical with the same apps and I only get my phone apps from the Android Market. Of all the apps I get on my Fire non have come from the Market. Altogether I have about 60 apps......

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by judpma View Post
    there are several "app stores" like Amazon, Getjar, 1Mobile Market and others that are easily downloaded that have most of the apps that the Android Market has.....My HTC Thunderbolt and my KF are almost identical with the same apps and I only get my phone apps from the Android Market. Of all the apps I get on my Fire non have come from the Market. Altogether I have about 60 apps......
    I vaguely knew about those but hadn't tried them. I'm gonna have to check them out. AAMOF, I just installed Getjar as I'm typing this...off to see what's up.

Mike

DBSTalk, Camera3, KindleBoards, SCWF
    ASME - NRTC - C&WMM - 6EQUJ5 WOW! - BOINC; LHC@home/Team USA, Seti@home/Team USA, Einstein@home, Milkyway@home
    Since it costs 2.4 to produce a penny, my 2 worth is really 4.8 worth.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have a HTC thunderbolt and have downloaded all my apps from the Market ...I have downloaded every single one of those apps on my KF and haven't gotten any from the Market...all together I have aout 60 apps using Getjar....Amazon apps and 1Mobile Market.....

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links