Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

KF Review from an iPad Owner

This is a discussion on KF Review from an iPad Owner within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have a Amazon Kindle Fire and a Chinese made Elijah/Aoson M12/M19 Tablet, and my wife has the Ipad2 ... I cannot truly tell the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: KF Review from an iPad Owner

Banned
    Member #

I have a Amazon Kindle Fire and a Chinese made Elijah/Aoson M12/M19 Tablet, and my wife has the Ipad2 ... I cannot truly tell the difference between the Ipad2 and the M12 Tablet as far as performance is concerned, here is a comparison 9.7” ISP Aoson M12 Android 2.3 Tablet PC Review iPad 2 Competitor | Digital China .... I'm just glad I did not pay all that money for a Ipad2, my 1080p movies and Slingbox live TV are just awesome on my M12 Tablet and Kindle fire ... I can do everything on my M12 Tablet, that My wife can do on her Ipad2 without Apple's control and for a lot less money ... My M12 Tablet is also packing the (PORTED) NEW Amazon Kindle Fire full screen web browser from the 6.2.2 update, plus Bluetooth, 3D Games, HDMI, USB, Mini USB, 3.5 Audio Jack, Mic, SD Card Slot, Front/Back Camera(s), 3G add on with a Sim Card Slot and More .... I can even make free phone calls on my M12 Tablet via TextPlus+ Phone Calls with crystal clear pin drop voice quality, No Sim Card is required...!(lol)
    Last edited by Ciscoluv; 02-20-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Member #
    Its never great to compare Fire to I-pad; yet! Seldom can any new tablet/computer/phone, etc compare with models with a couple years head start. The Kindle Fire is a winner for all the stated reasons we all know so well. Later this year, the Fire 2 will be out and rumor has it two different models will be available. Willing to bet there will be a volume button, slide off/on switch, and camera on either one or both of the new models! Can a Skype app be far behind?

Not sure of the improvements Apple will make with I-pad next month but Amazon will be closing the gap within a year or so!

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by drewlee View Post
    Its never great to compare Fire to I-pad; yet! Seldom can any new tablet/computer/phone, etc compare with models with a couple years head start. The Kindle Fire is a winner for all the stated reasons we all know so well. Later this year, the Fire 2 will be out and rumor has it two different models will be available. Willing to bet there will be a volume button, slide off/on switch, and camera on either one or both of the new models! Can a Skype app be far behind?

Not sure of the improvements Apple will make with I-pad next month but Amazon will be closing the gap within a year or so!
    I agree with you Drewlee, but this time around, if I were Amazon, I would take the Ipad 3 head on, one on one ... Giving the new coming Amazon Kindle Fire 2 size wise 9.7/10.1 with added features like bluetooth, 3G with built in modem, SIM Card Slot, SD Card, Credit Card payments, Ethernet plug, USB, HDMI out, Front/Back Camera(s) and more ... Now if Amazon does not add these features to the coming Amazon Kindle Fire 2, then it will be doomed for not giving the people what they wanted, just like the Windows Mobile 7 Smartphones, even with Nokia's help, it's a no go here in the USA ...!

Another thing Amazon should add to the coming Kindle Fire 2, the ability for it to access the Google Android market ... In a capitalist society, never fear the competition ..! If Amazon will do the above, it will beat the Ipad 3 hands down, Amazon will be giving the people what they want in the new coming Amazon Kindle Fire 2 Tablet, a winner...!

See the above top photo, it's the Elijah/Aoson M12 tablet, I paid $189.00 USA Dollars for it, it's selling like hotcakes out of China, know why it's selling like hotcakes worldwide, it's built Ford tough, like a brick house, it's got all the features that the people wants, that's why ... Give the people what the want, they will find it ....!(lol)

*Elijah: Wheel WithIn The Wheel (Rapture, Caught Up, UFO, Mother Ship), The Mantle Pass On/Down, Chip WithIn The Chip, The Computer WithIn The Computer ....!
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-13-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: language

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciscoluv View Post
    I agree with you Drewlee, but this time around, if I were Amazon, I would take the Ipad 3 head on, one on one ...
    Sorry, I don't agree. Amazon is not a computer hardware company. Nor, for that matter, are they a software company. And they're certainly not both. Their business objective with the entire Kindle product family is not to sell e-readers and tablets. The "devices" are a means to an end, not an end in itself. Amazon is about selling stuff, lots of different kinds of stuff. They aren't (and imo shouldn't be) aiming to provide the ultimate hacker's Android tablet. And that seems to be what you believe "people" are asking for.

I simply don't agree. "People" are buying boatloads of Kindle Fires because they're cheap and do what they do well. Providing more capabilities and unlimited access to the Android marketplace simply adds to support costs without increasing profit. I do expect Amazon to grow the Kindle product family to a larger form factor but I think those who are hoping for an iPad killer will be just as disappointed with that model as those who hoped the KF would accomplish that task with this model are.

Simply put, Apple makes a significant profit on every iPad sold. Amazon makes virtually no profit on sales of the KF. A KF2 priced close to an iPad would simply not sell. A KF2 sold at cost would simply not generate the additional add on revenue Amazon needs to justify its production, especially when the added support costs are added to the equation.

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Sorry, I don't agree. Amazon is not a computer hardware company. Nor, for that matter, are they a software company. And they're certainly not both. Their business objective with the entire Kindle product family is not to sell e-readers and tablets. The "devices" are a means to an end, not an end in itself. Amazon is about selling stuff, lots of different kinds of stuff. They aren't (and imo shouldn't be) aiming to provide the ultimate hacker's Android tablet. And that seems to be what you believe "people" are asking for.

I simply don't agree. "People" are buying boatloads of Kindle Fires because they're cheap and do what they do well. Providing more capabilities and unlimited access to the Android marketplace simply adds to support costs without increasing profit. I do expect Amazon to grow the Kindle product family to a larger form factor but I think those who are hoping for an iPad killer will be just as disappointed with that model as those who hoped the KF would accomplish that task with this model are.

Simply put, Apple makes a significant profit on every iPad sold. Amazon makes virtually no profit on sales of the KF. A KF2 priced close to an iPad would simply not sell. A KF2 sold at cost would simply not generate the additional add on revenue Amazon needs to justify its production, especially when the added support costs are added to the equation.
    See you missed the point, you have gone slam smooth to the left, Kindle fire sales have gone way down, it was a nice ride .... I can tell you don't understand marketing trends, it's fullfilling a need, wants of the people ...! Customer Sense of Tablet Awareness (CSoTA) is not the same as it was in the 4th Qt of 2011 ...! It a new game now, the people know what features are on other tablets in the same price range as the Amazon Kindle Fire ...

I will tell you what, let Amazon follow Microsoft and not add the features that the people want, Amazon will bite the dust, just like Microsoft ... Google is laughing all the way to the bank, Android mobile devices, tablets and smartphones got FEATURES.....! You know why Apple is a winner man, because it's giving the people what they want ...(FEATURES MAN)

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    <sigh> I detect the scent of an Android fanboy. Enjoy your Aoson tablet. I'm sure it's fun though it's an asterisk in terms of sales. As for understanding "marketing trends," I've been making my living analyzing marketing trends for much of the last 40 years, son.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    This thread started as a review of a user who owns both.
    If it continues to go in the direction it has turned it will be closed.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Banned
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    This thread started as a review of a user who owns both.
    If it continues to go in the direction it has turned it will be closed.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    Ok, super mod, you are right, I'm just glad I own everything that my wife owns .... I love all thoes features you have on that Rezound, like "Beats Audio"..... Come to think of it, I have that very same feature on my HTC Sensation XE .... You guys take care ...!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links