Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

screen has a yellow tint; but only on one side

This is a discussion on screen has a yellow tint; but only on one side within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; i've just received my kindle fire. whilst reading anything with a white background i noticed that on one side the screen is a cool blue ...

Member #

screen has a yellow tint; but only on one side

i've just received my kindle fire. whilst reading anything with a white background i noticed that on one side the screen is a cool blue whilst of the other side it has a yellowish tint.... holding the kindle vertically, it's about two thirds yellow on the right side; holding the kindle horizontally, it's the top that's yellow.

whilst it's not all that obvious, it is really quite annoying; especially after using the kindle for a while.

if i put the screen brightness up to maximum, it's not as bad. also, if i put it right down to the minimal, it's not as noticeable.

i was playing with a kindle in store the other day, and noticed that the display model had a ambient light sensor (and also a soft key under brightness settings). mine doesn't seem to have that. does anyone else have this problem? is it only on the new kindles?

cheers,

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I think I would return the device before your return deadline comes and goes. Hopefully a new device will not have this problem.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links