Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Return Kindle Fire to Owner?

This is a discussion on Return Kindle Fire to Owner? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I bought a Kindle Fire from Ebay and discovered that it was stolen. Amazon won't help to reunite it with its' owner and I can't ...

Member #

Return Kindle Fire to Owner?

I bought a Kindle Fire from Ebay and discovered that it was stolen. Amazon won't help to reunite it with its' owner and I can't take it to the local police since it came from out of state. Ebay has refunded my money as it is illegal to sell stolen goods. So, any ideas on how to get this back to the owner? Does Kindle have a site for this? Thanks! I would hate it if it were mine and it was taken.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Welcome to the site. If the original owner registered the device with the manufacturer, they might be able to contact them. Maybe you can contact the manufacturer with the serial number and see if they can help. This is just a guess on my part.

Member #
    I purchased a device off e bay a few years back, and learned it was stolen. I actually received email from a supposed detective from the Memphis airport authority. Not
    knowing if he was legit, I searched out the phone numbers for the authority and called them, and finally got through. He said it was part of the investigation into a theft
    ring at the Fed X terminal. I asked what to do with it and he said I had made a legitimate legal purchase and nothing happened. I contacted the seller and no help there and e bay did not do anything. I am surprised you got your money from ebay, things must have changed.

Member #
    I had a similar experience with a purchase on eBay. In the end I donated the refund to charity as I couldn't reunite the original item with the owner.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links