Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Google Market?

This is a discussion on Google Market? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; So do you guys think that the Kindle Fire will have the apps market installed? Even if it doesnt I would think that we could ...

Thread: Google Market?

Member #

Google Market?

So do you guys think that the Kindle Fire will have the apps market installed? Even if it doesnt I would think that we could just install the apk. it is running off of android after all. That is really a deal breaker for me, considering i have purchased a lot of apps through google already. I am not going to buy them again through amazon app store. Then again, root is a wonderful thing.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    It won't have the Android market pre-installed. Only the Amazon App store.

But like you said, it's only a matter of installing the .apk.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Actually, I applaud AMZ for their 'never buy the app twice' concept..Google could learn from that.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Don't think I've ever had to pay twice for an app from the Google Market. Generally they show up as "install" instead of "buy" or "free" if I've ever downloaded them before. Occassionally Amazon will want to update an app I got from the official market. The result is that the Amazon version often comes with DRM that the Google Market version didn't have.

While I'm nearly positive the users group will find a way to add the Google Market app to the Fire, I'm betting Amazon has made it a challenge. No microSD or SD slot on the Fire. No telling if it'll have a file browser or any way to find an APK you copy straight to it when hooked to your PC via USB.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links