Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Doubts about the Kindle Fire (mainly storage issues)

This is a discussion on Doubts about the Kindle Fire (mainly storage issues) within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Sorry I wasn't specific about my topic, but I'm about to buy either Kindle 2 or Kindle Fire and I have some doubts I wanna ...

Member #

Doubts about the Kindle Fire (mainly storage issues)

Sorry I wasn't specific about my topic, but I'm about to buy either Kindle 2 or Kindle Fire and I have some doubts I wanna solve before I decide wich should I buy. I tried looking for them on the internet, but I got lots of different answers. Here goes what I wanna know.

- I've read somewhere that you can't download some things fully to your Kindle Fire, even if you purchased them. What I heard is that, everytime you want to read a book or play a film, you have to connect to the internet and download it again. Once you've finished reading and turned off your kindle, it would be deleted and you'd have to download again later. Is that true?

- I'm brazilian and there are dozens of classic brazilian titles free on the internet, but in PDF format. With Kindle 2, I could download them and read them as books without any problem. Kindle Fire accepts random PDFs as books or it only reads "official" e-books from Amazon's store?

- What's the size of Kindle Fire's internal HD? Are there different versions?

- I like mangas and many of my favourits haven't even been released in the West. So, I have to download their fan-translated editions. I got a Kindle 2 from a friend and used an app to make the downloaded manga into a book very easily (putting the images in order and all). Can I do the same with Kindle Fire? I mean, taking a group of images and "turning" them into a book?

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    ALOHA
    As far as KF downloading and retaining where u left off, I have no issues with that. I read lots of books, I bookmark it so it keeps the page I last read. As far as videos/movies, it'll stop where u ended & u just press resume & it'll start where u left off. But yes u are correct if u are streaming videos, u do need WiFi connection. KF is only WiFi. U can download ur own in an mp4 format but its limited to only a couple of GBs. For video formats, I suggest checking with DVDCatalyst , one of our supporting vendors, to assist u.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    As for mangas, sorry Im not familiar with it. U can try sideloading apps but just remember the KF does not have a huge memory. All in all...I Love it!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links