Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Problem view website links

This is a discussion on Problem view website links within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When I click on a link (to a PDF) on a website I get a quick message that says "Starting Download" but the PDF doesn't ...

Member #

Problem view website links

When I click on a link (to a PDF) on a website I get a quick message that says "Starting Download" but the PDF doesn't display in the kindle web browser.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMac View Post
    When I click on a link (to a PDF) on a website I get a quick message that says "Starting Download" but the PDF doesn't display in the kindle web browser.

Did you get this to work? I'm trying to do the same thing.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    It won't show up. It downloads a file that can be viewed with a pdf reader like the Kindle app or other.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    No need for an additional pdf reader. If you are using the built-in browser on the KF, just tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen. From there, click on Downloads and you will see the pdf you just downloaded, click on it to view it. Alternatively, you can go to the notification area and you will see a notification that the download is complete, tap on the notification and it will bring up the pdf for you to read.

In order to exit reading the pdf, you'll need to double tap on the screen.

The hard part is not reading the pdf but doing anything else with it. If you have a file explorer app like ES File Explorer then you can locate the pdf file in the Downloads folder and do other things with it such as rename it or email it somewhere.
    Last edited by strollin; 02-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by strollin View Post
    No need for an additional pdf reader. If you are using the built-in browser on the KF, just tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen. From there, click on Downloads and you will see the pdf you just downloaded, click on it to view it. Alternatively, you can go to the notification area and you will see a notification that the download is complete, tap on the notification and it will bring up the pdf for you to read.

In order to exit reading the pdf, you'll need to double tap on the screen.

The hard part is not reading the pdf but doing anything else with it. If you have a file explorer app like ES File Explorer then you can locate the pdf file in the Downloads folder and do other things with it such as rename it or email it somewhere.
    So it doesn't ask what you want to view it with?

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Member #
    When I try to download pdfs, like from academic journals, no document appears in menu/downloads or in notifications. Any suggestions?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links