Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Netflix and Kindle Fire 1st gen

This is a discussion on Netflix and Kindle Fire 1st gen within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hello everyone, I am having troubles downloading the Netflix app on a 1st generation Kindle Fire. Does Netflix not support the first generation? Thanks!...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Netflix and Kindle Fire 1st gen

Hello everyone,

I am having troubles downloading the Netflix app on a 1st generation Kindle Fire. Does Netflix not support the first generation?

Thanks!

Member #
    I have Netflix on my KF 1st generation.

What is the trouble you are having (details)?

Member #
    I have found a solution, I was having the same problem. I have a Kindle Fire first generation and tried to download the Netflix app from amazon's site but it says that it isn't supported on my kindle. I was confused because in various forums online people with first gen kindles said they had netflix. This is because, as many of you know, the new Netflix app supports android Operating System 4.0 and up, 1st gens have Android OS 2-point-something. So, I got on my kindle fire's web and started looking for an older version to download.

1.)Make sure that you have it set to where your kindle allows installation of applications from unknown sources first. Go to your top screen settings pull down -> More -> Device -> Allow Installation of Applications turn to "ON".

2.)So, go ahead and get on your Kindle Fire 1st gen and pull up this website from the Web browser:
    Netflix apk - APKTOP

3.) I downloaded version 2.0.2 and it works. So click on the title of the version you want, scroll down until you see a link after "Download:" and click on "Download Netflix 2.0.2" or what have you.

4.) The download will start rather subtly, you can see its progress in the notifications area in the top left of the screen, if you swipe it down. Select it once it's completed and you will be prompted to complete the installation and then open the app, plug in your username/password and get it going. Make sure you don't allow it to update to the newest version when it asks you.
    Last edited by meredith; 04-23-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Ads