Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

i dont understand ?

This is a discussion on i dont understand ? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews about the kindle fire. I love it does everything it says it would. I have a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: i dont understand ?

Member #

i dont understand ?

I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews about the kindle fire. I love it does everything it says it would. I have a high speed fios internet connection so the silk browser is very fast. No forced closes , just figured out how to install a working hbo go app , installed 3rd party app markets, and sideloaded all the apps from my Droid inc . Music search and download is awesome so is power amp music player looks very good on it . Don't know what the fuss is about the bookshelf skin I like it . Also got go launcher but switched back to the bookself. Didn't like that it didn't have a SD card slot ..but the cloud and dropbox solved that. Maybe it was buggy before the update .. but when I got mine the update installed from the jump. So I wouldnt know . Its a well made budget device that does what I need it to do . Plus it seems like it will be updated regular . I love it nice Xmas gift

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Most of those complaining are comparing it to something that costs 3 or 4 times as much. Like comparing a golf cart to a Prius.......me , I'm with you and am pretty happy with my Fire...
    Hawaiian Princess likes this.

Member #
    I side loaded some of l the apps I liked off my atrix....I like the go launcher best because I like the "normal" android look. Some of my widgets don't like sharing space on a home screen, but I can add as many screens as I need currently only 3. I just got this thing last night it's not a bad little device, I've got a lot of learning to do yet.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Unfortunately some just expect way too much. But hey I rather spend $200 than $400-800 on others. But I have so many different devices, u would think I have a little electronic store LOL

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    TBH, while i DO like the KF, I think that there are things that Amazon could have included that aren't here and still charged about 200 dollars. But hey, they need something to improve upon for the Fire 2, eh?

My main complaint is the lack of expandable memory. Most (read: every other decent) android device has expandable memory. I know that you get access to unlimited Amazon Cloud storage, and that's great and all. BUT...if I want to put movies on my KF, I'm pretty much SOL. Oh well. The wife loves it, thats what matters

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    can't disagree on ur point. that's why it's still good to have a regular tablet AND the laptop

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vankirk View Post
    I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews about the kindle fire. I love it does everything it says it would. I have a high speed fios internet connection so the silk browser is very fast. No forced closes , just figured out how to install a working hbo go app , installed 3rd party app markets, and sideloaded all the apps from my Droid inc . Music search and download is awesome so is power amp music player looks very good on it . Don't know what the fuss is about the bookshelf skin I like it . Also got go launcher but switched back to the bookself. Didn't like that it didn't have a SD card slot ..but the cloud and dropbox solved that. Maybe it was buggy before the update .. but when I got mine the update installed from the jump. So I wouldnt know . Its a well made budget device that does what I need it to do . Plus it seems like it will be updated regular . I love it nice Xmas gift
    How did you get the HBO Go app to work?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirdforever View Post
    TBH, while i DO like the KF, I think that there are things that Amazon could have included that aren't here and still charged about 200 dollars. But hey, they need something to improve upon for the Fire 2, eh?

My main complaint is the lack of expandable memory. Most (read: every other decent) android device has expandable memory. I know that you get access to unlimited Amazon Cloud storage, and that's great and all. BUT...if I want to put movies on my KF, I'm pretty much SOL. Oh well. The wife loves it, thats what matters
    Not true. Aparrently it cost amazon over $200 to manufacture
    They were adament about keeping the price at 199 and they couldn't have done that by adding expandable memory.

Take it from a techphile. This is a great device at a great price

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirdforever View Post

Many Nexus and Galaxy Tab owners would disagree with the statement that their device isn't "decent"

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Many Nexus and Galaxy Tab owners would disagree with the statement that their device isn't "decent"

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk
    I know, i just generally rule out samsung when i talk about android devices in general. They really are "google" devices. The nexus line is obviously Google's baby.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links