Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Advantage of Prime Membership ?

This is a discussion on Advantage of Prime Membership ? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; How does one find the prime lending library. I searched and got in to what I thought was it, but there were only 12 books.....surely ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    How does one find the prime lending library. I searched and got in to what I thought was it, but there were only 12 books.....surely I was in the wrong place? I can't seem to locate the prime book list...

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I let my Amazon Prime membership expire as I didn't feel it was worth the $80/year cost.

Streaming video from Prime doesn't work all that great for me (I have a slow internet connection) not to mention the selection of free Prime movies available is fairly limited. I also would never watch a full-length movie on the KF. About the longest I can stand to hold the KF in my hand and stare at a video on that small screen is about 3-5 minutes before I'm ready to move on. Watching a short YouTube video is fine but no movies for me, I'd prefer to watch a movie on my TV.

The free 2-day shipping is nice but I don't feel I order enough from Amazon to justify that either. Not to mention that it doesn't make a large difference anyway. For instance, I ordered an item for $53 last week from Amazon. Since it was over $50 it qualified for free standard shipping which they say is 5-7 days. I received the item in 3 days, plenty fast.

I don't read a lot of books on the KF so the lending library isn't a selling point for me, if I want to read a particular book I'll just buy it and read it.

I understand that others feel differently but for me, Prime membership isn't a good value.
    Last edited by strollin; 02-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Member #
    last year I signed up for a 1 year free prime membership with a valid college email so if you have a .edu you might still be able to sign up for it. Also after your free year you get up to 3 more years at half price!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links