Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Screen Freeze

This is a discussion on Screen Freeze within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I am experiencing a lot of screen freezing since the latest update. A quick sleep mode corrects but it is annoying. Any others having this ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Papa
  • 1 Post By seebee

Thread: Screen Freeze

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Screen Freeze

I am experiencing a lot of screen freezing since the latest update. A quick sleep mode corrects but it is annoying. Any others having this issue?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    BlackdogTX likes this.

Member #
    Sorry I don't seem be able to duplicate this problem sorry.

DrivetheGreen66
    I haven't seen it myself. All is well on my kindle fire.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ive had this happen a few times; had to hold.pwr btn 30 seconds.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I too have had this happen lately!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've also had this happen since the update. For me, sometimes the screen will freeze and become mostly unresponsive when I'm scrolling through the favorites shelf. However, the top buttons/selection spots for Newsstand, Music, Books, etc. still work. So if I select Apps at the top, I can pick an app from there & when I go back to my home screen, the frozen favorites shelf problem has corrected itself. It's still annoying, though & I hope it will be corrected.
    drojas likes this.

Member #
    It's happening to me as well. Received it as a Xmas gift, downloaded the newest release (6.2.xx), freezes up often. Also seems to freeze up after entering "sleep" mode.. Requires hard reboot. I like the concept but with all of the screen freezes, it is frustrating me greatly..

Member #
    Could it be a resource intensive app that has been installed. I haven't had any freeze issues but I am suspicious that the Accuweather app was draining my battery.

I would probably also disable the Accelerate page loading setting in the browser. Not sure if that does anything in the background that would lead to freezes but it sure improved the web browser.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stujoe; 12-27-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Just a guess, but I have noticed some really downgraded performance by my entire machine (laptop) when logged onto websites that make extensive use of ajax...some forums in particular. If you see the dreaded twirling circle of dots...that may be your problem.

I have had no screen freezes on our kindle...but so far as I know I have avoided big ajax sites so far.

Member #

Screen Freeze

Wondering if anyone came up with a solution for the kindle freezing up. My wife sent hers back because it wouldn't charge, the replacement worked fine for the first week now it't constantly freezing.

Ads