Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

This is a discussion on Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; There is a lot to be super stoked about with the Kindle Fire... the price point is finally where it needs to be. The processor ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Question Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

There is a lot to be super stoked about with the Kindle Fire... the price point is finally where it needs to be. The processor is no slouch. But, I'm most impressed with the display... the resolution is great, and the pixel density is great as well. This should become the benchmark for "lower cost" tablets to really measure up against as far as display resolution/density is concerned.

What are you most impressed with?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Definitely the display and Gorilla Glass.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    The price. With those specs that $200 price tag is phenomenal.
    wicked likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Price and Gorilla Glass screen.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    Price and Gorilla Glass screen.
    Welcome to the forum! Vallejo huh? San Jose here.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Vallejo huh? San Jose here.
    yeah California connect lol. thanks
    wicked and alphawave7 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I ordered one, but I'm not sure about the Fire. No SD/MicroSD slot. No indication of what version of android is below the amazon skin. I have the Nook Color and the Vizio tablet, and they both re-skinned Android. I dislike them both for forcing me into their vision of what my tablet experience should be. Great price, great hardware apparently. You lose alot for stepping down to $199 though. There's the Acer Iconia A100 7" Honeycomb 3.2 tablet for example. Got mine for $329 - $50 = $279. For the $80 difference I have HDMI-out, 2 cameras, GPS and all the sensors, MicroSD and microUSB host capabilities. A Tegra-2 processor and so on. The biggest difference you're selling off to step down to the Kindle Fire may be your soul. Even web browsing on the Fire is going through Amazon's cloud. The little bit they didn't emphasize is that in seeing what you browse for they can tune what shows up for sale on the Fire. Yes, they'll be watching what you do on the WWW through the Fire. They'll be watching what games you play. You can bet their "Amazon Recommends" feature will get even creepier.
    Last edited by 4DThinker; 09-28-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I tried a Kindle reader because I use my phone as a Kindle reader but wanted a larger screen. No back light was a deal breaker for me. To have the Android sweetness of my Tab 10.1 with the size of a Kindle reader, that will be my favorite feature.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    I ordered one, but I'm not sure about the Fire. No SD/MicroSD slot. No indication of what version of android is below the amazon skin. I have the Nook Color and the Vizio tablet, and they both re-skinned Android. I dislike them both for forcing me into their vision of what my tablet experience should be. Great price, great hardware apparently. You lose alot for stepping down to $199 though. There's the Acer Iconia A100 7" Honeycomb 3.2 tablet for example. Got mine for $329 - $50 = $279. For the $80 difference I have HDMI-out, 2 cameras, GPS and all the sensors, MicroSD and microUSB host capabilities. A Tegra-2 processor and so on. The biggest difference you're selling off to step down to the Kindle Fire may be your soul. Even web browsing on the Fire is going through Amazon's cloud. The little bit they didn't emphasize is that in seeing what you browse for they can tune what shows up for sale on the Fire. Yes, they'll be watching what you do on the WWW through the Fire. They'll be watching what games you play. You can bet their "Amazon Recommends" feature will get even creepier.
    'Regular' people will suffer this, not the geeks. I love both Iconia's (A500/A100), and certainly don't 'need' another tab..but my curiousity and low price make this a worthwhile toy.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    yeah California connect lol. thanks
    EssEff, here.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links