Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

This is a discussion on Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by Oxygenmaker It "ain't" an Apple product! That's a positive for sure....

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxygenmaker View Post
    It "ain't" an Apple product!
    That's a positive for sure.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I'm with you all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by JobsiteFish View Post
    For me the price and all the features combined was the selling point. I have been looking for a tablet for a while, the only thing that has been holding me back is cost. I just spent a lot of money on a very nice laptop, and what I need is a web browsing device, light, reliable and easy to use. I want to use it on the go, have some entertainment during traveling, check email while sitting on the couch, reading books, etc.

Buying an ipad or equivalent expensive device is just a waste of money for me. I don't need cameras, 32G of storage, or any other fancy features. 8gb + the cloud is more than enough IMO. I want a tablet as a secodary convenient device and blowing $500++ on it is just not justifiable in my situation.

Also, I really like the ability to obtain all kinds of content from amazon. I also looked at a few "cheap" tablets available on the market but I have a lot more confidence on putting my money on a product from amazon.

I was kind of waiting on the ASUS transformer 2 coming out in a few months and try to make a decision, but for $200 the kindle fire came at the right time for me. And it is a perfect match for my needs.

I preordered mine at a local Best Buy just 2 days ago.
    One of the few problems with these special forums is that they are primarily frequented "techies" who seem to spend a great deal of time letting everyone know how much we "don't know" about the subject of discussion. I come to sites like this because they are frequented by knowledgeable folks, so I suppose I will have to grin and bare it!

Who really needs to keep the "library of congress" on a tablet with an 8 hour battery? When flying, I usually fall asleep on any flight of more 3 hours. One good movie is more than enough! After a good single malt scotch, I may fall asleep before that one is over! I have land line at home and a cellphone that I seldom use, and I have great "point and shoot" camera, so what do I need with a camera? I have an old Kindle 2 that works just fine for reading. Does anyone actually watch any movie more than once? I don't need to store them on my "high tech device".

I ordered a Fire mainly because can't bare to watch another LMN chick movie that my wife can't live without. With the Fire, I can watch what I want even when we are in the same room. (If I leave to go watch on a different TV, I am accused of being antisocial!) I can read posts on this site or any other and still keep the family peace.

I love Amazon and have been prime member for years. I do my Christmas shopping at Amazon with my house shoes on. I haven't been in a mall for years! Customer service is amazing at Amazon. Never had a late shipment!

The Silk browser sounds great! Sounds fast! I am not the least bit concerned about privacy issues. I love the buying suggestions! They got me out of trouble on more than one grandchild's birthday!

I am 71 and I still can't wait to get my Kindle Fire!
    Last edited by jmcclain; 10-17-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Skydog likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Ha! Welcome jmcclain! Whassamotta you...don't like LMN dramas!?! I hang with forum techies to keep my mind ticking, and to feel enlightened on occasion...and it keeps me off the streets, most days at least! Thanks for joining and posting!
    Last edited by alphawave7; 10-18-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Member #
    does the Fire come with e-ink technology?
    Thanks for your replies.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Sadly, no.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think there is little that separate tablets these days and that's what drew me to the Kindle. Of course price but I like the 7" screen and access to all the Amazon content. I have a Nook color and I am constanly rebooting my router so that it will get an IP address. I look forward to my Kindle arriving.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Yeah, should be a definite step up from the Nook.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    Yeah, should be a definite step up from the Nook.
    The Nook is pretty thin. Wouldn't be much of a step to start on. I'm a fan of the Asus Transformer (with dock) and Slider as steps. They start at 3/4" or so.

Member #
    I have spent the last few weeks trying to decide on a Kindle Fire versus I-Pad.
    I probably do not have the requirements and need for the I-Pad but I am worried that 6-12 months down the line I may have made the wrong choice.
    I understand that the Kindle has web capability but does that mean I can get onto Yahoo and read/respond to mails ?
    That seems to be the only issue that I need to sort out.
    Price looks far better !!!!!!!!!!!!

Member #
    In 6 to 12 months the Ipad 3 and Kindle Flame will be out, you could always upgrade then....

Also one of the best features of Amazon is the ability to stream movies and shows, for $79 a year beats netflix IMHO

Don

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links