Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

This is a discussion on Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I think this could be the first real iPad alternative for a large portion of consumers for those reasons....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I think this could be the first real iPad alternative for a large portion of consumers for those reasons.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    I think this could be the first real iPad alternative for a large portion of consumers for those reasons.
    I agree. I'm in a semantic argument with an iPad fanboy about this very topic. He insists it isn't a tablet. At less than half the price of an iPad and capable of 95% of what most do with their iPads the obvious seems clear to me. What's obvious? Exactly what you said.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    And remember, Apple is careful never to apply the term "tablet" to the iPad.
    cali likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You're ALL missing the best attribute - IT'S ROOTABLE! For those of you who may not appreciate what that means - it means it will be absolutely customizable. We'll be able to geek up our Fires. I can't wait.
    wicked and Lectruck like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droberto View Post
    You're ALL missing the best attribute - IT'S ROOTABLE! For those of you who may not appreciate what that means - it means it will be absolutely customizable. We'll be able to geek up our Fires. I can't wait.
    Dual-core! (Tastes great/less filling argument! LOL!)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm less impressed with dual cores than I am with accelerated/overclocked CPUs. I picked up the HTC Flyer, and can see how they came up with the name. The 1.5Ghz processor appear to make a world of difference in how quickly the tablet does everything. Fast boot from OFF. The suedo-3D Sense UI doesn't bog down ever. So far I'm stunned at how much quicker it responds than my Acer Iconia A100, a Honeycomb tablet running a Tegra-2 at 1Ghz.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    For the price, I think I will be able to explore how this will work for me. I got taken in on my original Tab. Didn't realize I should have waited, and paid too much. This one I can see paying two hundred for. It won't hurt so much.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    I'm less impressed with dual cores than I am with accelerated/overclocked CPUs. I picked up the HTC Flyer, and can see how they came up with the name. The 1.5Ghz processor appear to make a world of difference in how quickly the tablet does everything. Fast boot from OFF. The suedo-3D Sense UI doesn't bog down ever. So far I'm stunned at how much quicker it responds than my Acer Iconia A100, a Honeycomb tablet running a Tegra-2 at 1Ghz.
    I know. It kinda hurts that Best Buy has the Flyer at $299. right now. But I am sticking with getting the Fire. I am hoping the Fire will be really popular with Rom developers and it will have plenty of choices for custom roms. :-)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyAngler View Post
    I know. It kinda hurts that Best Buy has the Flyer at $299. right now. But I am sticking with getting the Fire. I am hoping the Fire will be really popular with Rom developers and it will have plenty of choices for custom roms. :-)
    I agree, and given how the $249 Nook Color has appealed to devs I don't think it'll take more than a day or two to see Fire progress once they start shipping.

I've gone over the value/price in detail, and written it up on my blog. If no one minds this is a link to it. Delete or edit out if anyone is offended or rules are broken:

Amazon's Kindle Fire. Is it Worth $199?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    I agree, and given how the $249 Nook Color has appealed to devs I don't think it'll take more than a day or two to see Fire progress once they start shipping.

I've gone over the value/price in detail, and written it up on my blog. If no one minds this is a link to it. Delete or edit out if anyone is offended or rules are broken:

Amazon's Kindle Fire. Is it Worth $199?
    We're used to your occasional blog posts, and they're always appropriately on-topic.

I don't agree that a dual-core Android tab is 'first-gen' (especially compared to the others you listed!) but that's fine. Also, my A100 FLIES with LauncherPro and a few 'speedtweaks' (remove animations,etc.). Enjoy!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links