Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

This is a discussion on Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by mountainbikermark I tried a Kindle reader because I use my phone as a Kindle reader but wanted a larger screen. No back ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Most impressive feature of the Kindle Fire?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I tried a Kindle reader because I use my phone as a Kindle reader but wanted a larger screen. No back light was a deal breaker for me. To have the Android sweetness of my Tab 10.1 with the size of a Kindle reader, that will be my favorite feature.
    Actually no back light was a requirement for me. I love the Kindle because it doesn't strain the eyes. Backlighting does to many people. I have both an ipad and Xoom. All my reading is done on the Kindle.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I read a lot while riding in vehicles and the light that came on the Kindle case and it was too distracting at night for my wife.
    Same thing when reading in bed late at night

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Besides the obvious low cost I like the fact that it will fit nicely into my handbag and is lite weight. Love, love, love my Xoom but I am reluctant to haul it around. So this will be perfect to carry where ever I go. Plus I don't mind handing a $200 device to a 6 year old to play with. Definitely would not let her play with the Xoom!

DrivetheGreen66
    The price as many others have stated. However I'm looking forward to using it as my ereader instead of using my Xoom. The Xoom is too heavy and large for a comfortable ereader.

Sent from my Droid Bionic via Tapatalk.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivetheGreen66 View Post
    The price as many others have stated. However I'm looking forward to using it as my ereader instead of using my Xoom. The Xoom is too heavy and large for a comfortable ereader.

Sent from my Droid Bionic via Tapatalk.
    That was the one thing I really liked my OG galaxy tab for. It was a nearly perfect reader.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I'm going to guess that the Kindle Fire can open PDF's [with an appropriate reader] and it has text to voice.
    Those two things are good for me and the fact the the browser can run Flash.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The best feature is clearly the price. Why? Because for everything it can't do compared to a non-Amazon Android tablet you can say "But it only cost me $199!".

After that the entire glow of Amazon goodness can be had using their array of apps on any other Android tablet.
    Last edited by 4DThinker; 10-01-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    The tighter integration of Amazon's services might end up being a positive thing from a content consumption perspective.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    The tighter integration of Amazon's services might end up being a positive thing from a content consumption perspective.
    True. I'll have to see the one I ordered to come to a final opinion though. Only a month and a half to wait now....

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by jblalock77 View Post
    Thats how I look at it.

For the consumer market, its mainly the services that make or break the device. *couch* Apple got a headstart with having everything you want integrated into one application, iTunes. With the tap of a button, you can pay for music, movies, books and apps with a single account. Regardless of the gripes about iTunes, the iDevices are much more than device specifications. From a consumer perspective, it makes no difference if it is running a single or a dual-core, if it runs Android or iOS, the main thing is that it does what it needs to do.

While Google is catching up a bit, Amazon has been competing with Apple for quite some time. Basically forcing iTunes into providing non-DRM MP3's is quite large feat in my eyes. Then doing something drastic like the free-app-of-the-day, Amazon placed itself next to Google's Android market in a matter of days. Again, very very impressive and something not many people would actually expect.
    With this, combined with the streaming video service including benefits for "Prime" customers who use Amazon for most of their physical purchases, and the popularity of the Kindle, all combined in a single, $200 device, there is no telling what impact the Kindle Fire will have on the tablet market. I do know it will be quite substantial though.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links