Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Problems with HDX's with 64GB Memory

This is a discussion on Problems with HDX's with 64GB Memory within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I was planning on getting a new HDX 8.9 64GB, I even went to Best Buy to purchase one; but they did not have any ...

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Problems with HDX's with 64GB Memory

I was planning on getting a new HDX 8.9 64GB, I even went to Best Buy to purchase one; but they did not have any in stock. I have been calling for the past 10 days and they still do not have any in stock. I started doing some research at several Kindle Fire Forums and found there is a common problem with the memory usage in the 64GB HDX Fires. It seems that if you store movies or videos on your Fire and exceed 50% of the memory used when you try to delete any of the videos or Movies the Fire locks up and is bricked. Your only recourse is to call Customer Service and have the Fire replaced. Several people have reported returning two or even three 64GB models.

I am not posting this to scare anyone into not buying the 64GB models of the HDX Fires, just posting a warning. I fully intend to get one my self ( I have an original 8GB model and a Second Generation 7"HD 32GB model). As soon as I can confirm the problem has been resolved (and I am sure it will be) I plan on getting one myself. Any comments from users who have already gotten a new HDX 64GB would be appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Thanks for posting. This is the kind of useful info that we welcome on the site.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links