Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire 7 (previous generation)

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire 7 (previous generation) within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I just bought this Kindle. It's 7" but maybe not a Fire HD. Does anyone know what "previous generation" means? I lost a Kindle Fire ...

Member #

Post Kindle Fire 7 (previous generation)

I just bought this Kindle. It's 7" but maybe not a Fire HD. Does anyone know what "previous generation" means? I lost a Kindle Fire HD that was purchased in late 2012 almost as soon as they came to market. It had the USB connection on the long side. This one is different and has the USB connection along the short side. I can't figure out where the one I just bought falls in relation to the other Kindle Fires. It also does not show up in the Amazon comparison chart.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Most people refer to the previous generation fire as the original (of which I have one). It has the Power plug and the on off switch on the bottom of the fire. It is also about a 1/2 inch less wide than the7"HD ( I also have a 32gb HD). It has 8gb of internal storage but it is broken down different than the second generation fire and the HD Fires. Part of the memory is for apks and part is for data, unlike the other Fires. I have been having mine for about a year and a half and it works like I bought it yesterday. I have never had ONE problem with it and I use it as much as the newer HD. It is the original Kindle Fire and sold for 199$ when they were new. Hope the one you have is as good to you as the one I have had has been too me.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links