Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire Poor-Mouthed by Large Communications Company

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire Poor-Mouthed by Large Communications Company within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I am a new user of the Kindle Fire HD 7" and so far it has been a great experience. I never dreamed that I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fdalbor

Thread: Kindle Fire Poor-Mouthed by Large Communications Company

Member #

Kindle Fire Poor-Mouthed by Large Communications Company

I am a new user of the Kindle Fire HD 7" and so far it has been a great experience. I never dreamed that I would enjoy an e-reader so much.

While troubleshooting a problem connecting to a hotel's Wi-Fi system recently, one of the senior technicians at Vista Communications (vistacommunications.com) remarked that the Kindle Fire was the worst device that could be used to connect to a Wi-Fi system.

I travel extensively so I am constantly changing the WiFi system I use to connect to the Internet. Can anyone tell me why this technician would make such a remark? (The circumstances were such that I could not address this with the technician personally.) Am I in for a lot of frustration if I use this device with WiFi?

Thanks for your response to this post.

RobinHood505

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    RobinHood505 I travel alot and connect with different Wifi systems on a daily time table. I use both a original 8GB Fire and a second generation 7"HD and I have had no trouble connecting with Wifi systems across the country. Not just hotels, banks, bookstores, McD's, burger kings, hospitals, coffee houses, you name it. I think he was making an excuse for a poor wifi system he set up at that hotel.
    On some days I will connect to five or six wifi systems without a problem. The only problem I have ever had is wifi systems that require you to tap a tiny icon to get connected. And the icon is so small you can't see it. Again poor design by the egg head that set it up that way. But even then when I enlarge the screen and find the icon and tap on it, away I go. Believe you me, its not a problem unless you have a defective unit and they are far and inbetween. I would not worry about it. fdalbor
    DBaker450 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links