Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Amazon Prime

This is a discussion on Amazon Prime within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I don't currently have amazon prime but if I understand this correctly if you get the Fire and sign up for Prime you can access ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime

Member #

Amazon Prime

I don't currently have amazon prime but if I understand this correctly if you get the Fire and sign up for Prime you can access with pc, tv, and fire on same account?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I don't currently have amazon prime but if I understand this correctly if you get the Fire and sign up for Prime you can access with pc, tv, and fire on same account?
    Hi bob and welcome to the forum and yes, I do believe that is the case with Prime.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have prime use it to stream free movies to my XOOM, PC and my Linux net book. I like Amazon over Netflix since most any movie you want is on Amazon but many you still have to rent or buy even with prime. The selection of free movies is larger on Netflix but there is no way to rent on Netflix so its a limited selection. Prime has less free movies (for now) but you have many more movies if you want to pay for a few of then

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes, you get access to "Prime" content in their video store. New Movies usually aren't included. I'm frankly not impressed with the videos that are available. Old TV series. Old movies. Content that likely is already free somewhere on a satellite channel.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Prime is sheer genius...$pends a bit to become prime, get some sweet bennies that make Amazon your default store on the web. Brilliant.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I agree "Prime" is a brilliant concept. It doesn't guarantee anything you buy will ship 2-day free. Only things Amazon stocks are included, and usually their price is higher than priced from competing sources for the same product. They also always add tax on Prime purchases (must have a presense in my state I guess). I can almost alway save tax and get free basic shipping for a lower price if I shop around.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Love prime, the free streaming content is a great bonus

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Prime is great and well worth the $79 -- and that was before free streaming was added.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Don't forget that with Prime you get free 2 day shipping on most items from Amazon. I use it _all_ the time, and the fact that you know you'll get it in two days makes me order a ton more stuff from them then I would otherwise. So, could be a bad thing

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    Don't forget that with Prime you get free 2 day shipping on most items from Amazon. I use it _all_ the time, and the fact that you know you'll get it in two days makes me order a ton more stuff from them then I would otherwise. So, could be a bad thing
    Yeah I tried Prime for a month. Let's just say, I got to know my delivery guy pretty well. LOL

Ads