Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Virus protection??

This is a discussion on Virus protection?? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I go without protection...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Virus protection??

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I go without protection

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Dr web lite works fine for me

Member #
    I used Dr. Web light soon after my Fire came. It's automatic and I've had no probe.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Virus protection is not needed and can actually ruin your device in some cases. Get rid of it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Dr web lite is excellent and does not interfere nor ruin anything, nor does it hog memory...which is why it is excellent-- not to mention free!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    @freebirdforever So all the malware that people are getting from apps is what? If virus protection ruins devices, why is LG preinstalling "Lookout" on there new phones. I think LG knows more than we do, so it must be worth having virus protection.
    I downloaded webroot from the Amazon App Store, because I wanted to side load apps from four share and Handango. I side loaded the most current version of Lookout to replace webroot from four share. Then I deleted webroot.
    flailin likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigloser99 View Post
    @freebirdforever So all the malware that people are getting from apps is what? If virus protection ruins devices, why is LG preinstalling "Lookout" on there new phones. I think LG knows more than we do, so it must be worth having virus protection.
    I downloaded webroot from the Amazon App Store, because I wanted to side load apps from four share and Handango. I side loaded the most current version of Lookout to replace webroot from four share. Then I deleted webroot.
    Malware comes from people sideloading applications that come with viruses. Dont sideload or download from non reputable sites and guess what, no problem! LG is not preinstalling Lookout on their phones. In fact, lookout is one of the leading causes of poor Android battery life. But what do i know? I only manage a Best Buy Mobile and deal with these things everyday

flailin likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My bad. It's the Samsung Exhibit II 4G that Lookout comes pre-installed. I was at Tmobile looking at phones and saw lookout pre-installed. Again Samsung knows more than you. Working at Best Buy mobile means? I think Samsung knows more than you. As far as side loading from Four Shared. Not without virus protection.
    Last edited by bigloser99; 12-29-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigloser99 View Post
    My bad. It's the Samsung Exhibit II 4G that Lookout comes pre-installed. I was at Tmobile looking at phones and saw lookout pre-installed. Again Samsung knows more than you. Working at Best Buy mobile means? I think Samsung knows more than you. As far as side loading from Four Shared. Not without virus protection.
    I was just using our stock tmobile exhibit demo phone and it does not come with it preinstalled. It was probably put on there by a store salesperson or customer.

Anyways, arguing about a company knowing more than me is stupid. The bottom line is that virus protection is not needed on android, or any mobile OS for that matter. Dont waste your space or time or money installing these applications that bog down your device.

Susan Marie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I was going to buy the Samsung Exhibit II 4g on that new $30 plan Tmobile/Walmart, and watched about a dozen reviews videos, each one had the little green lookout icon in the upper left corner. On Youtube, search for lazytechguy.com videos on the Exhibit II. He states that Lookout comes pre-installed.

My point for bringing this up again, Samsung knows more about this than we do, virus protection is a must have app on android phones and tablets. Since most people are going to want to find apps they like that may not be in the Amazon app store because of the way Amazon set up there app store, or people like me that don't want to pay for apps, when I can download them from Four Shared or Handango for free. I rather charge my phone or tablet more often, than download some malware because I was told by a person that sold me the phone, it not worth it because he/she does not side load or it might drain your battery.

Lookout seems to be the most popular virus protection phone app, and I have never heard or read where Lookout ruined a phone. You must be confusing Lookout with Advance Task Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by freebirdforever View Post
    I was just using our stock tmobile exhibit demo phone and it does not come with it preinstalled. It was probably put on there by a store salesperson or customer.

Anyways, arguing about a company knowing more than me is stupid. The bottom line is that virus protection is not needed on android, or any mobile OS for that matter. Dont waste your space or time or money installing these applications that bog down your device.

Last edited by bigloser99; 12-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links