Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone having problems installing apps today/retrieving from cloud

This is a discussion on Anyone having problems installing apps today/retrieving from cloud within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I downloaded today's app Dabble and as previously it said 'downloading' and the green progress bar showed as usual and appeared to download and said ...

Member #

Anyone having problems installing apps today/retrieving from cloud

I downloaded today's app Dabble and as previously it said 'downloading' and the green progress bar showed as usual and appeared to download and said 'retrieving from cloud', then it hangs there and doesn't complete. I tried moving a couple of apps off in case the new one didn't have sufficient room. That didn't make a difference either and when I tried to reinstall them from the cloud, I get the selfsame'retrieving from cloud' and nothing. I have a good wifi connection, can stream video & music and access the web. Anyone else have a similar problem or know of a solution. I also did a system reset (long 20sec. press) and restart. Don't want to do a restore to system default un less absolutely necessary.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I had a bit of a delay transferring a book via my kindle.com email but it did finally download. How long has it been hanging?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    no problems with mine today

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    When I download an app it doesn't say retrieving from Cloud. Hmm.

Member #
    I downloaded Dabble today, and it worked OK. Took longer than usual though.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by infraredted View Post
    I downloaded today's app Dabble and as previously it said 'downloading' and the green progress bar showed as usual and appeared to download and said 'retrieving from cloud', then it hangs there and doesn't complete. I tried moving a couple of apps off in case the new one didn't have sufficient room. That didn't make a difference either and when I tried to reinstall them from the cloud, I get the selfsame'retrieving from cloud' and nothing. I have a good wifi connection, can stream video & music and access the web. Anyone else have a similar problem or know of a solution. I also did a system reset (long 20sec. press) and restart. Don't want to do a restore to system default un less absolutely necessary.
    Ihave had the same problem the last few days... I cannot download any apps at the moment, they all get hung up in the cloud. Coincidently I cant update apps either. If you have found a fix for this please help me. I contacted amazon they want me to call them I have heard there are long waits to get someone on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by infraredted View Post

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links