Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire vs Cheap Android Tablet

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire vs Cheap Android Tablet within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Noticed some Andriod tablets are sub $100, then I started looking at their specs. Notice 800x600 screens and 256 Mb of RAM. That's not going ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Kindle Fire vs Cheap Android Tablet

Noticed some Andriod tablets are sub $100, then I started looking at their specs. Notice 800x600 screens and 256 Mb of RAM. That's not going to cut it for me. I also need Flash cookie support for bank logins.

What's your take on the cheep tablets?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    My take..you get what you pay for, most of the time. Some top-line tabs are around $200, so why skimp? (BF deal has Acer A100 for $189 @ Target, IIRC).

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    The Fire IS a cheap android tablet. Anything less expensive is junk. You're lucky if those $99 tablets have a screen you can see off-axis, the android market app, or any of Google apps.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I bought one of those "cheap" android tablets, not worth it get the KF.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I too bought a cheap android tablet at a drug store a few months ago and it was absolutely garbage. Get the fire and be happy!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    My take..you get what you pay for, most of the time. Some top-line tabs are around $200, so why skimp? (BF deal has Acer A100 for $189 @ Target, IIRC).
    Exactly the point, just cause it costs less doesn't mean its a great tablet. Depends what ur looking for, cheap or good quality? Cheap or better specs? But the Acer looked appealing but I love my Xoom & Fire so...no complaints here

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I bought my niece a $139 Coby tablet about 6 months ago (she's 10). For one thing, those cheap tablets have resistive screens rather than capacitive screens, so their touch responsiveness as well as their resolution isn't so hot. It was kind of fun for her to load with games and such, but for a serious user it would be kind of frustrating to work with.

Bear in mind that the components in a KF actually cost more than its sale price, so that should give you an idea of the quality of the components that go into these cheap Android tablets.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #

cheap android tablet her B&N is utter incompetent

I'm not sure enough people know... but took a gamble on the Nook Color this past weekend, and have been blown away. Half the price of comparable tablets, and really great Android experience (once cyanogen MOD was been applied).
    Eit cheap android tablet her B&N is utter incompetent or Major awesome! You wont' find any mobile device where the sd-card boots before the internal storage, which makes the MOD/ROM community thrive. As such, with the latest Tablet Tweaks the last bit of polish has been rubbed.
    TT puts the soft-keys (android 4 buttons) into the notification bar, which is then moved to the bottom a'la Honeycomb or stock NC ui. The NC only has one button, sorta like the iPad, and breaks some of the assumed capability of android. The stock NC ui (based on eclair) contained a similar modification, and generalyl avoided the need for most Android'isms..... a design focus that would accommodated apple users.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    let me ditto previous post.......you get exactly what you pay for.......99.9% of the time ....

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I got KF (my the first ever tablet), I used it for more than a month to now no problem at all . Then I found out that I want a 10 inches screen , so I bought Lenovo K1 (android 3.xx) .On the first week I have to call Lenovo tech support couple times for :
    - cannot transfer file *.pdf via USB port, and still have this problems. I have to e-mail and atached the *.pdf file then download . Now I have to used dropbox to copy *.pdf files to my tablet.
    - When I turn-off the tablet and when I turn back on the Wifi is just gone. I had to re-enter the WEP password again.

The Lenovo tablet pre-load with punch of apps that I dont care/dont want/dont need. And Lenovo K1 is NOT a cheap tablet.

And for KF, I dont have any problems , I dont even know the tech support number .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links