Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Transferring files from computer to KF

This is a discussion on Transferring files from computer to KF within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I plugged in with a micro USB, ignored whatever prompt Windows gave me and the Kindle showed up in Windows explorer. as an external drive. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    I plugged in with a micro USB, ignored whatever prompt Windows gave me and the Kindle showed up in Windows explorer. as an external drive. I dragged and dropped to the Documents folder and my files showed up there.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Easy installer will solve your issue, its an issue with your computer not knowing how to see the kindle, not the devices fault. Easy installer will force your computer to see it as an external device. Likely your computer has a virus or registry issues that is preventing the computer from being able to see the kindle.

What people need to understand is that Amazon had to create a piece of hardware that works on over 15000 different computer configurations, think about that for a second. How many different operating systems, hardware configurations, software configurations that consumers EXPECT the device to work with. They make a driver for the device that should make the OS able to read the device in as black and white way as possible. The average consumer however makes even this simple task overly complicated with all the stupid crap they allow to bog down their computers. Not referring to the OP necessarily, but to the average consumer in general. People dont understand that a computer should be treated like any other appliance in your house, it requires cleaning and its going to require maintenance if you want to keep it running.

So again, its your computer not your kindle.
    Last edited by massahwahl; 11-28-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Member #
    We have 2 Kindle Fires, just rec'd them last week.....1 of them connects to my PC for sideloading but that has been a task at times, taking a few tries, but it eventually connects and is seen as a removable drive. However the other Fire will not connect fully, when I plug it in, I get the balloon over the clock stating I connected a Kindle and the Driver install window - the Kindle recognizes that it is connected via USB but I never see it in Explorer as a drive.
    Very frustrating! I'm going to look into apps like the Easy Installer but that looks like it is for apps only, trying to transfer pics, video, books etc.
    WiFi File Explorer app looks like it may work for us but over WiFi it will take long time to transfer video........just want to be able to connect them both with USB.

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSobo View Post
    We have 2 Kindle Fires, just rec'd them last week.....1 of them connects to my PC for sideloading but that has been a task at times, taking a few tries, but it eventually connects and is seen as a removable drive. However the other Fire will not connect fully, when I plug it in, I get the balloon over the clock stating I connected a Kindle and the Driver install window - the Kindle recognizes that it is connected via USB but I never see it in Explorer as a drive.
    Very frustrating! I'm going to look into apps like the Easy Installer but that looks like it is for apps only, trying to transfer pics, video, books etc.
    WiFi File Explorer app looks like it may work for us but over WiFi it will take long time to transfer video........just want to be able to connect them both with USB.
    If possible, try a different USB port on your computer. On my development laptop, I have a picky USB3 port that pretty much decides to work whenever it wants to, and more often than not, it doesn't like to do anything. Right now, I just use it for an external mouse, and that is holding up pretty decent. With the other ports don't have the weird issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links