Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is my Kindle Fire HD 7" defective? Charging issue.

This is a discussion on Is my Kindle Fire HD 7" defective? Charging issue. within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I have used a generic 5v 1A wall charger and get about 7% per hour added to the charge. I have used a 9V 2A ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sedna78

Thread: Is my Kindle Fire HD 7" defective? Charging issue.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Is my Kindle Fire HD 7" defective? Charging issue.

I have used a generic 5v 1A wall charger and get about 7% per hour added to the charge.

I have used a 9V 2A wall charger and get maybe 8%, but I was only charging for one hour as a test. In that hour I went from 81% to 90, and Kindle said it would be fully charged in another 51 minutes.

Whether I charge by laptop or wall charger, both 7%. Used two different charging cables, in case one was defective, same result. The 9v wall charger has two ports, the A for Apple products, NA for the rest of us. The A port seemed a little faster in spite of the recommendation to use the NA.

I'm tired of charging my Kindle all night only to find it still isn't 100%.

Discuss.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish1991 View Post
    I have used a generic 5v 1A wall charger and get about 7% per hour added to the charge.

I have used a 9V 2A wall charger and get maybe 8%, but I was only charging for one hour as a test. In that hour I went from 81% to 90, and Kindle said it would be fully charged in another 51 minutes.

Whether I charge by laptop or wall charger, both 7%. Used two different charging cables, in case one was defective, same result. The 9v wall charger has two ports, the A for Apple products, NA for the rest of us. The A port seemed a little faster in spite of the recommendation to use the NA.

I'm tired of charging my Kindle all night only to find it still isn't 100%.

Discuss.
    the charger that comes with the original fire has a 5volt 1.7amp output to the charge port. it charges my original or HD to 100% in less than 4 hours even if they are dead. fdalbor

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Re: Is my Kindle Fire HD 7" defective? Charging issue.

Sorry I can't help- but at least yours isn't like my third of us 8.9 unit (first two had this problem also) which only charges to 70-some% sometimes , other times 80some percent,and other times 90 percent, then stops. Yes, I use the powerfast charger.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I had heard some of the HD's had this problem. I even held off getting one (have a original) because of it. I had no problem with my new 7"hd charging using the charger from the Original. I have never tried charging it from a USB port on my desktop. fdalbor

Member #

Angry Loose charging ports Kindle Fire HD

I'm on my second Kindle Fire HD; the first one had a loose charging port and now this one does, too /
    No surprise, then, when I read that one of the most common complaints about the Kindle Fire HD is its loose charging ports. Kindle Fire HD problems: What users complain about most | Digital Trends
    Not happy!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well Amazon has one of the best customer service departments in the world. I had an screen issue with my first generation kindle. I would say that I was to blame because I took it out of its protective case to clean it and I dropped it. At first I was upset because I did not got the protection insurance but since Amazon gives you a one year limited warranty I called anyway. It was a pleasant surprise because I just explained a little different version where I did not included the "I drop it" part and they not only replace the device right away but gave me the 30 day prime memberships again. He even apologized for the inconvenient that caused me. If you are not satisfied with any device, accessory or whatever you bought whitin a year contact customer service and explain(politely) the reason u are not happy and they will replace it at no extra cost. You just go to the "manage my kindle" section at Amazon and click the call customer service link or if you don't like to wait there is a "let a representative call me " option so they will call you when the next becomes available. It took 13 minutes for me to get the call. It really surprised me how nice the representative was and even more surprised by the result of my call. You may never know that sometimes a refund for the price you paid for any given item you were not happy with shows on your account as a credit. Even when you already got a replacement.
    Platy71 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links