Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Outrage

This is a discussion on Outrage within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I no longer have my KF but do the "mindless suggestions" still pop up if you use a different browser (such as Dolphin, Chrome, or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Outrage

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I no longer have my KF but do the "mindless suggestions" still pop up if you use a different browser (such as Dolphin, Chrome, or FireFox) other than the stock browser?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish1991 View Post
    Atari 800, eh? Boy are you old... :-) That said, I remember wanting a Princess telephone.

It would be fun to connect access my computers via the kindle, but I'm never away from them, being retired and living way out in the country. Would I dare leave one on for weeks when I'm on vacation?? (yeah. from being retired. what does THAT look like??)

I'd like to hear recommendations for longer battery life, if there are any, other than turning off wireless when not in use.

Pat.
    Make sure Bluetooth is off, and you can lower screen brightness to conserve. Also exit apps that would normally run in the background. Some games, for instance, do this, but while in the game you can either find the exit button. If there is no exit button, use the back arrow in the Kindle menu, while in game. Might have to hit a couple times, but it should ask if you wish to exit the game.

And you can always lower graphic settings on games, or any other app that allows it.

Member #
    Haven't experienced the issues you have, or maybe I am, but don't realize it? The fee you paid, was it to remove the advertisement that pops up when you lock the screen? That's the only one I've noticed.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    There is a free app on the Amazon App store that is called "Free Advanced Task Manager". It is very small and does not take much of your app memory. When you hit the refresh icon on it it shows which apps are running and how much of your memory they are using. It also has a setting that shows you how much of your battery power they are using. You would be surprised at the number of apps that are running in the background that you really do not need at all.

Excellent program and I highly recommend it. You can shut down any apps you don't need and it will reduce the drain on your battery. It will also allow you to switch between apps without going through the process of shutting off the app you are using and booting up the app you want to use. Give it a shot I think you will find it very handy.

Believe it or not the display uses more of the battery than anything else including wifi. Of course you can't turn off the display; but you can tone it down a bit to save some of the battery. fdalbor
    Last edited by fdalbor; 01-12-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links