Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Boydy

This is a discussion on Boydy within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi, All Just joined forum after gettting a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I'd bought a Storage Solutions Scroll Excel for my daughters Christmas and had ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fdalbor

Thread: Boydy

Member #

Unhappy Boydy

Hi, All
    Just joined forum after gettting a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I'd bought a Storage Solutions Scroll Excel for my daughters Christmas and had spent some time getting to know it in readiness for the big day. It's a lot of kit for not much money and very impressive.
    Imagine my horror when the wife presented me with a Kindle Fire on Christmas morning. No camera; no Google Play store; heavy by comparison; and worst of all, no Flash Player. How stupid is that? It's 36 more expensive than the Scroll Excel and it's pretty inferior. In fact I'd say that it's pretty much useless to me. I want to be able to watch the news as I commute. I'd like a camera in there and if I'm feeling frivoulous I'd like a decent choice of apps. How can Amazon advertise this as a tv player if Flash Player does not support it. Huge con.
    Anyway, I'm thick as 2 short planks with things like this and from various other bloggers I'd say I'm not alone. Is there anyone who has come up with an easily understood solution to allow me to bet the BBC etc on my Kindle Fire? ( not HD )

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Welcome to the site. Moving this to the discussion forum for responses.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Flash is on the way out anyway. On the original Fire you can download a browser that supports Flash and still use it on the original Fire. I know you cannot do this with the HD model. But I am not sure about the new non HD model which if I read things right is what you have.
    Everything is moving toward HTML5 and Flash is being put on the back burner and will not be in major use too much longer. There are several other options besides Google Play for apps. Getjar; 1Market; Amazon; and quite a few others. I assure you once you learn how to use them you won't notice or care about Google Play.
    As far as a camera; if you are like most people you have one on your phone. Do you really need another. Give the Kindle a try; I think once you do you will find it a nice little machine. I love mine. fdalbor
    JaxRolo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Re: Boydy

Quote Originally Posted by fdalbor View Post
    Flash is on the way out anyway. On the original Fire you can download a browser that supports Flash and still use it on the original Fire. I know you cannot do this with the HD model. But I am not sure about the new non HD model which if I read things right is what you have.
    Everything is moving toward HTML5 and Flash is being put on the back burner and will not be in major use too much longer. There are several other options besides Google Play for apps. Getjar; 1Market; Amazon; and quite a few others. I assure you once you learn how to use them you won't notice or care about Google Play.
    As far as a camera; if you are like most people you have one on your phone. Do you really need another. Give the Kindle a try; I think once you do you will find it a nice little machine. I love mine. fdalbor
    Good points!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Ads