Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

downloads from computer by way of USB

This is a discussion on downloads from computer by way of USB within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi: I just got kindle fire and I want to transfer books from kindle for pc on my laptop to the kindle fire. What apps ...

Member #

downloads from computer by way of USB

Hi: I just got kindle fire and I want to transfer books from kindle for pc on my laptop to the kindle fire.
    What apps do I need on pc to be able to do that? I don't want to use cloud but transfer direct by way of USB cable. Will someone please tell me in detail how to accomlish that. Thank you
    nieve75389

Member #
    I wanted to do this same thing. E-mail support was useless. First attempt at phone support was useless, too. A second attempt at phone support, I sent a detailed description to tech support asking them to read it before calling back. The first phone person wanted to have me perform the rote tasks that had not worked before. I asked for a senior tech person. The bottom line is that WIN/XP and WIN/7 seem to default to "Media Transfer Protocol" for the USB attached Kindle Fire. Because of this protocol, it appears that non-media files (Audio, video, pictures) cannot be transferred. Window Media Player can transfer all the media files, but refuses to transfer any other Kindle-supported file types (pdf, epub, txt) because Media Player cannot play the files itself. There happens to be a long and tedious procedure using "Android Debug Bridge (adb)" that is supposed to work. I have not been able to get it working as yet, though. Tech support seems to believe that merely connecting the Kindle Fire using USB will work, while various forums have indicated that the later versions of Kindle Fire (7") do not seem to work like the older versions. I haven't given up -- yet!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Is there a reason you don't want to use the cloud to do this. I have the original Fire and the Kindle for PC program on one of my desktops and they both have all my books on them. I can even start reading a book on the Fire and take up on the PC where I stopped and then go back to the Fire and not lose a word.

But it was all done through the Cloud, I have transfered pictures, doc files and even apps using a USB cable (the desktop I am using is a XP Media Center Edition) with no problem. I have not tried to move any book files (yet), because the cloud does it so easily you don't even know it is happening, they are just there. ????? fdalbor

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links