Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire vs Kindle Fire HD

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire vs Kindle Fire HD within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I am thinking of buying i KF but i am not sure if i should get the HD version i don't plan to watch any ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By herosemblem

Thread: Kindle Fire vs Kindle Fire HD

Member #

Kindle Fire vs Kindle Fire HD

I am thinking of buying i KF but i am not sure if i should get the HD version i don't plan to watch any films on it i will be using it for reading / apps / music / newspapers etc but not films

Is the HD version much better in general or is it better for me to get normal version

Look forward to your opinions

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Kindle Fire vs Kindle Fire HD

Welcome to the forum.
    If you can afford the HD I'd suggest get more than you'll actually need at this point so if your needs/wants change in the future you'll already be set. An example, when you buy a Fire you get a free month trial of Prime and you might find the huge free video selection is something you'll enjoy using your Fire for. At some point you may start listening to music on it and the dual speaker system, while not being earth shattering, does sound much better than the non HD version.
    For typical tablet uses, the non HD should more than suffice. I'm still content with my Fire 1 and use it for videos but it would be nice to have the sharper screen. Not $199 to buy another nice but nice nonetheless

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Re: Kindle Fire vs Kindle Fire HD

Gosh I really hats to say this but I have the fire and the hd 89.
    I prefer the fire. I notice no difference in picture quality or glariness.
    Biggest thing was the User interface. The original wins. The hd models have way too many new permanent tabs along the home screen, and the web browser,which I use fairly often, is hidden because I have to scroll the tabs sideways just to reach it. Also, I HATE the Favorites menu on the hd. You have toclick this annoying little awkwardly-placed star to bring up your often-used apps. I dontinderstand whytheygot rid of the perfect favorites menu on the original. On original, all you have to do is swipeip or downwards to go between your faborites screen and home screen. The hd is a step down in ease of use.
    rosetone likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I use my Kindle Fire Gen 1 mostly for watching videos lying on my bed. I find the video quality to be excellent. That being said, I have not seen the HD.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have both and I would say I prefer the 8.9 HD. To me the screen is much sharper, it has Bluetooth, and navigation is much smoother (less choppy) than the original Fire. I know some folks have complained about "Recommendations" but they can be easily removed. If you are using it mainly for reading than I would think the original is fine, although I do appreciate the X-ray feature, which I don't think is available on the 1st generation Fire.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links