Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Prime Question

This is a discussion on Kindle Prime Question within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I'm looking to buy a Kindle Fire HD and am curious about the Amazon Prime feature. How does the borrowing library work? I read I ...

Member #

Kindle Prime Question

I'm looking to buy a Kindle Fire HD and am curious about the Amazon Prime feature. How does the borrowing library work? I read I can get up to one book a month with no return date...do they remain on your Kindle forever? What's the difference between borrowing and buying? Thanks!
    Last edited by BasketCase; 11-26-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Kindle Prime Question

You can borrow up to 1 every month but cannot borrow another until you return the one you've got borrowed now.
    Once I'm done with a borrowed book, I've found it easier to wait until borrowing another to return the old one. It gives a message stating I've got one out, what it is and do I want to return it. It only takes about a minute for the old to be returned and new one borrowed.
    Hope that helps
    An app you might like is Free Kindle Books and Tips. It has nothing to do with Prime and the developer has quite a few books listed each day that are free to own, not just borrow, has links to the book on the Amazon site for easy purchase (even though it's free you still have to buy it for $0 through your Amazon account), and is a well working app for most Android devices. Since getting that app I've often forgotten about the borrow capability of my Prime membership, though sometimes part one of a series will be free and the next books can be borrowed instead of purchased since they aren't free.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Thank you! I haven't purchased the Kindle yet, but am definitely leaning that way. The Prime feature sounds like it would be a good thing and worth the $60 or whatever.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Kindle Prime Question

At $3 a pop, the free video rentals alone paid for mine. (I watched all 7 seasons of Deadliest Catch ,22 episodes a season as an example) Add in an average of $8 a borrowed book times a year paid for mine a second time over. Free upgrade shipping was just another bonus.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links