Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

There is an ambient light sensor btw

This is a discussion on There is an ambient light sensor btw within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by ThreeGreen The sensor is absolutely there. There isn't an option for auto-brightness. They must have had a problem w it. There was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGreen View Post
    The sensor is absolutely there. There isn't an option for auto-brightness. They must have had a problem w it.
    There was an option that was my point. When I first opened up my Kindle and started using it I noticed there was a selection for auto Brightness, even put my finger over the sensor and it worked. I was surprised because reviews said no auto brightness. After choosing the manual selection the option is now missing.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    From what Ive read the feature is temporarily disabled by the update amazon pushed out a few days after launch due to reported problems with the sensor being sketchy on some peoples devices. Apparently they are working on the drivers for it and planning on re-establishing it with a later update.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I missed my sensor and reinstalled the original video settings app over the top of the updated one. I didn't notice any problems so far. I got the file by doing a Google search for "kindle fire ROM dump." Word of warning, the ROM is about .5G in size and compressed so it's better to grab it on a PC and decompress there and just grab the settings.apk and transferring that via USB to the Fire.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links