Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

3 Kidle FIRE's in my home

This is a discussion on 3 Kidle FIRE's in my home within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I pre-ordered my FIRE on October 3rd with delivery maybe Nov 23rd. My daughter pre-ordered her FIRE about Nov 1st with delivery on 19th. My ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By getabout

Thread: 3 Kidle FIRE's in my home

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

3 Kidle FIRE's in my home

I pre-ordered my FIRE on October 3rd with delivery maybe Nov 23rd. My daughter pre-ordered her FIRE about Nov 1st with delivery on 19th. My wife walks into Target last night (Nov 17th) and walks out with her FIRE! I cannot believe I ordered mine way first and will get it dead last.
    So here I sit watching (and learning) as my wife enjoys her early gift . We had to contact Amazon to correct email assignment and to get her name on her Kindle and my name off. They handled it easily within a few minutes. Excellent customer service!

So when my tablet finely arrives .. I should be slightly ahead of the curve in quick operation since I have been watching her enjoy her tablet for days.
    I figured I would have mine by now but watching her enjoying her tablet is an award in its self too. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    seebee likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I guess many of us assumed it would be a hot seller so ordering it was the ideal

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I guess. Doesn't make it any easier though as everyone gets theirs before us. At least you have one to play with.

...I got the case I ordered today though. Dangit.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Mine was due yesterday and when it didn't show yesterday I checked the tracking and it had just arrived in West Virginia. I live in central Virginia. Didn't show today, tracking says still in WV. It's a Christmas gift for my daughter so I'm not in a big hurry but just hope it isn't lost
    Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    If mine doesn't show up tomorrow I'm going to burn down Oklahoma.

Joking of course.
    Last edited by ThreeGreen; 11-18-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    A few years ago a set of bicycle tires I ordered did that, I contacted the company, they overnighted another set for free, the first set showed up about 2 months later.

Support Our Troops!!!

Sent from this Galaxy via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah I dont know why this is happening :/
    It should be a first come first serve thing.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Amazon should have cut off Pre-orders when their expected ship date would be after release date in most stores. For many their preorders could be cancelled once the Fire was available in stores, but as this thread proves there were slews of people caught in Fire pre-order limbo.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    As a good 'Customer Service' promotion ... those of us "pre-order and waiting still customers" ..
    it would be nice if Amazon contacted us and gave us a year of PRIME free for the mental anguish and especially our loyalty .. as we continue waiting .. and not cancelling in Mass .. followed by us all rushing out to a store to purchase a FIRE sitting on the shelves.
    Can you imagine the cost to Amazon, and confusion .. not to mention negative media , as huge numbers of ordered units are just cancelled because customers are tired of waiting and can just walk into a store instead of waiting as we have!

My granddaughter has an iPad .. and she really likes the FIRE better .. because it fits in her hand better, weighs less and she has a smooth operating experience zipping and doing everything she normally does with her iPad .. (Uses it in school to do notes and research too).
    She has read over 130 books since August 2010 (most are 300 - 400 pages but a few were 600 pages). She is not into tele-conferencing and uses her iPhone for most communication.

The stores had them available November 15th .. I pre-ordered October 3rd .. tracking says delivery November 23 - 29th! This is not right, and I am not the only waiting pre-order customer.

But Amazon should thank us customers who are still sitting empty handed and not cancelling !!
    Last edited by getabout; 11-20-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Last week I complained to the customer service rep about this very issue and they upgraded me to two day shipping and I had my three kindles about 3 days later! Worth a shot!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links