Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Problem With Silk's Accelerate Page Loading.

This is a discussion on Problem With Silk's Accelerate Page Loading. within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When using the Silk browser with Accelerate page loading enabled the browser won't load the Webmail (cPanel) Login page for any of my domains. However, ...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Problem With Silk's Accelerate Page Loading.

When using the Silk browser with Accelerate page loading enabled the browser won't load the Webmail (cPanel) Login page for any of my domains. However, if I disable Accelerate page loading the browser loads the Login pages.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I believe the problem (feature?) has to do with how it handles secure web pages. Any page passing through amazon isn't secure (has to be decoded to process), so disabling acceleration allows the page to bypass amazon and go directy to your Fire. I was under the impression the Silk browser would do this automatically, but apparently it doesn't.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DThinker View Post
    I believe the problem (feature?) has to do with how it handles secure web pages. Any page passing through amazon isn't secure (has to be decoded to process), so disabling acceleration allows the page to bypass amazon and go directy to your Fire. I was under the impression the Silk browser would do this automatically, but apparently it doesn't.
    I agree that the browser's use of Amazon's cloud when using "acceleration" is the cause of the problem. I contacted Amazon and suggested that they automate the process of disabling "acceleration" for secure web.pages.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links