Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What Are People Looking for Most in a Tablet?

This is a discussion on What Are People Looking for Most in a Tablet? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Hi! What are the three most important things people are looking for in tablet? Thanks, Humbledude...

Member #

What Are People Looking for Most in a Tablet?

Hi!

What are the three most important things people are looking for in
    tablet?

Thanks,

Humbledude

Member #
    CPU speed.
    Battery run time.
    App Store.

A thing that is very important but not in/on a tablet is the ability to connect to a decent app store. I have a RIM Playbook and the hardware is just fantastic. It's fast, it was cheap, and it has great run time, but I ended up getting the Kindle fire gen 2 as a second tablet because RIM has a very poor app store.

I do really like the Kindle fire especially for the price, but for me, the Kindle Fire gen 2 falls short in a couple of small areas.

Sound could be better. Both of the speakers are on one side and they are way too soft. Since Amazon sells music, they really should have put speakers on both sides. It's easy to see that they wanted people to put up the extra $50 dollars and get the HD and they made a good product worse by putting the two speakers on the same side.

Also, I wonder why Amazon has the CPU is stepped up to 1200MHz all of the time except for watching movies. Amazon want the base kindle to have a lower battery life, so they overclocked the omap 4430 and they have it stuck at 1200 MHZ all of the time except when watching video. If they would allow the processor to throttle down, it would greatly increase battery time. But they seem to want to dumb down the gen 2 fire to make the WiFi HD look better.

A lot of companies have tried this in the past (think old GM and Sears) and it really is not a good practice for Amazon to get into. Make the best gen 2 fire you can, but don't hobble it to make your other products look better. That's just silly.

All in all the fire get 2 is a good tablet, and yes I would have bought it again due to price point, but Amazon should not be tempted to make their low cost products the best possible. Don't make them awkward or hobbled just to promote your better products. Consumers catch on to this and really we don't like it.

As far a lacking a camera, those phone/tablet cameras are really not great, and I hardly if ever use mine. Bluetooth would have been nice also. The rest of the device it just great and I think the quality of the product is very high. I definitely would buy this again as it is a good product, but if I were to purchase tablets over again; I would have waited for an IPad 4. I am far from an Apple fanboy, but they do have an app store that is second to none.

Member #

Re: What Are People Looking for Most in a Tablet?

For me it was price and ecosystem. I have a Kindle Fire 1 and I love it. I have Prime and the movies are great. E-books are awesome. And I have all the apps I need. I am rooted but with the stock interface. So I have Amazon, Google play, 1 mobile and whatever else I want. Plus Swype. Plus Amazon's cloud.

And the fire was affordable enough that we have 4 of them instead of having to share.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: What Are People Looking for Most in a Tablet?

Ease of use.
    Android based
    Price
    My Fire 1 served me very well in all those categories and my Nexus7 carried it to the next level of ease due to an expanded ability to get apps and customize the tablet more to make it easier to use. If the Fire allowed aftermarket keyboards I doubt I would have purchased the Nexus7.
    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    The ability to integrate what normally takes a desk/laptop device into a miniaturized ease of use device. I hoped an android device would be able to do what a windows operated device does but perhaps I may have been too optimistic.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links