Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone try emulators on the Fire yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone try emulators on the Fire yet? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; The fire seems like a perfect size for playing emulators, anyone try something like the PXE emulator or the snes one? I would love to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

Anyone try emulators on the Fire yet?

The fire seems like a perfect size for playing emulators, anyone try something like the PXE emulator or the snes one? I would love to be able to play some FFVII on my breaks at work!

Member #
    I've been trying since day one........Ive gotten any and all of the droid emulators to download, install, and then......start to open......... they either stall out and go back to the home page, or ask for additional information, and then cannot download it. If you or anyone else hears of any emulators working on the fire.........please post.........I will post my progress if i can make any.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I got the psx4droid 3.5 installed but when I try to open a rom on it, it wont open. The XDA community is working on this too.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by massahwahl View Post
    I got the psx4droid 3.5 installed but when I try to open a rom on it, it wont open. The XDA community is working on this too.
    I think it is something to do with the default locations of "roms" folder in the programming...........or does it allow you to point to the folder with the roms in it?

Member #
    im with you though.........the fire seems like it would be a champ for running emulators...........and FF7 is highly needed on this thing lol

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmalitiacapt View Post
    I think it is something to do with the default locations of "roms" folder in the programming...........or does it allow you to point to the folder with the roms in it?
    It allows you to choose where your roms are, but again it acts like its going to open the file then it just goes back to the selection screen.

Member #
    I read elsewhere that people are editing the settings of emulators before they load them onto the fire.........they are editing the resolution and a few other settings then installing the emulator........It must not be able to push the smaller resolutions.......so if you can figure out how to edit the resolution size, u might find it will load
    I am still unsuccessful at this

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    There are a lot options for resolutions, if you choose the wrong one it seems to just be crashing out. Ill keep messing with it.

Member #
    well in the mean time if youd like to try a NES emulator, i was able to install and run Super mario 3 on tiger emulator. here is the link Tiger NES 1.0.8 (Android NES Emulator).apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download just make a folder in the root called roms, then place another new folder called nes with all your roms in it inside the folder named roms.........works good..........have to change settings for how the virtual buttons show up, but once i got it set it worked great! happy gaming........keep me posted about the playstation emulator. im trying it myself now, but no luck yet

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Sweet def want the NES and the SNES one to be working. Cant wait to go through Mario RPG again!

Ads