Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone try emulators on the Fire yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone try emulators on the Fire yet? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; got ff7 running like a champ.........found an emulator called fpse found it on google........it works like a charm...........currently palying ff7 and crash bandicoot 3.......both work ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    got ff7 running like a champ.........found an emulator called fpse found it on google........it works like a charm...........currently palying ff7 and crash bandicoot 3.......both work great! sometimes the directional button will get stuck for a minute, but either messing with it for a minute, or restartng fixes the prolbem every time

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmalitiacapt View Post
    got ff7 running like a champ.........found an emulator called fpse found it on google........it works like a charm...........currently palying ff7 and crash bandicoot 3.......both work great! sometimes the directional button will get stuck for a minute, but either messing with it for a minute, or restartng fixes the prolbem every time
    So is your fire rooted? Or can you run these emulators without rooting the device?

Member #
    Nesoid Lite WORKS on Kindle Fire!!!!

Hello all, I joined for the soul reason to tell everyone that I am running Nesoid Lite (Android NES emulator) and it works awesome! I used the same apk. file I used for my HTC inspire and added basically every Nintendo game because they are so small in size and I haven't had one problem yet. If anyone needs the same apk. file I have just email me at drzagala@gmail.com and ill send u the copy or I'm sure you can find it on the Internet like I did.

BUT, isn't that cool? That was also one of my biggest questions when I bought my Kindle Fire. Just set the D-Pad to large and it's the perfect size.

CONs: the only thing that makes this a little less than perfect is that when I play on my HTC inspire there is a vibration when you hit the keys and it totally helps you out. With the Fire you kinda just have to hope your fingers dont stray too far from the keys because there is no vibration to let you know you are hitting them.

I was also just wondering from the previous posts... what is ff7? final fantasy or something?
    Last edited by commonrider13; 01-06-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Member #
    I sideloaded tiger NES and it loads fine but how do I load the games? i does the kindle have to be rooted?

Member #
    sorry i havnt posted in so long..........honestly i got fpse running and havnt looked for any other goodness for the kindle yet. there is no reason to root the kindle as you can easily access the files of the kindle with two programs..........first you need to download file expert on to the kindle from the app store (its free) and then you need to get a ftp program such as filezilla on your computer (apparently there is http sharing but i never tried it) with these two up and running you can access any folder or file on the kindle..............i downloaded fpse on my computer then transferred it over to the kindle with filezilla.......works like a charm

Member #
    i'm new to android.
    I want to add a phone emulator so i can load apps that detect phones before allowing loading.

I found these directions for sideloading...

How To Sideload Android Apps on the Amazon Kindle Fire in 3 Steps - Tested

and this for the android phone emulator

Mobile Emulators | mobiForge

anyone else interested? any suggestions?

Member #

Some certainly do

I didn't root my device, I just got some apps.
    Go launcher and a file explorer (which ever you get) is all you need. (go launcher is more, general purpose, not really needed for the emulators)
    You can't access android market place, so you've got to download them from your pc, find liks to direct downloads (which is a pain),
    or be extremely patient, cause we all now how much adds you'll find while looking for direct downloads.
    Snessoid and GBAoid work smoothly. (beware since roms tend to crash even in pc s, I haven't had a crash in the kindle so far)

I haven't figured out the right N64 emulator (this may sound morally grey, but since I use emulators mostly for games never released in america I don't feel too sorry about downloading the roms) (like jap roms with an english patch already applied to it) you can also download fakeroms and hacked roms since they are sort of freeware. you can also evade the guilt by replaying those cartridge games you own, that got spoiled in your basement/attic.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Do all nes roms run on this emulator? I'm a great fan of Megaman and Zelda series

Member #

Try this.

I have a GBA and PSX emulator on my kindle fire, this kid on youtube showed me how, and it was extremely easy. Just gotta open your kindle to unknown app downloads, and its called EmuRoms.apk you will need a file reader that is free in the app store called ES file reader or something like that.
    Last edited by Kholdstare; 03-13-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links