Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My 2 Cents

This is a discussion on My 2 Cents within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My 2 cents: After playing around with my Fire I really can't find too much to gripe about. I'm able to view mp4 HD videos ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2 Cents

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

My 2 Cents

My 2 cents:

After playing around with my Fire I really can't find too much to gripe about.

• I'm able to view mp4 HD videos via the Gallery app.
    • I downloaded a paid app called Ezpdf Reader and now I can view multi media PDF's [with embedded mp4 videos and working links]. I use Adobe software but their free Adobe reader for mobile is VERY lacking to say the least.
    • I downloaded a sample book [The Stand] and I can easily change the font size and background colors for better reading.
    • Full color magazines display well and once zoomed in are easy to read but I don't think all magazines are the same. One mag I got for 1 penny was really just photos of each page and when zoomed in the text was not that clear. Two other magazines I have subscriptions for either use a different standard or they have a better camera because the text is sharper and easier to read for those two.
    • Web surfing is about what I get on my smart phone just with a larger screen. Not bad but not desktop class speed.
    • Moving files via Dropbox and the USB cable [I'm actually using the usb cable from my old Captivate and my current G2X] works with no issues.
    • The 7 inch screen size is perfect for my needs.

Personal Gripes:
    • The User Interface is simple but maybe too simple. I cannot tell when my device is charging without going into the setting menu. I wish it had a charging graphic. I also wish I could access the folders without the need to connect via the usb cable.
    • The power button, usb/charging port and headphone jack all being next to each other is not what I'd prefer.
    • The main screens 'carousel' won't stop on the icon I want when I scroll it. It's like its too fast... And I wish there was a way to change the size of it.
    • The screen is nice but I wish I could increase the color saturation but that's more of a desktop/laptop thing I guess.

All in all it is not a bad device.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidef1080 View Post
    My 2 cents:
    Personal Gripes:
    • The User Interface is simple but maybe too simple. I cannot tell when my device is charging without going into the setting menu. I wish it had a charging graphic.
    When mine is charging the battery icon is green but when it completes charging the icon turns to just the white icon instead.

-Eric

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EABonney View Post
    When mine is charging the battery icon is green but when it completes charging the icon turns to just the white icon instead.

-Eric
    Thanks!!

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    For transfering files wirelessly I use ES Explorer -- it was the first app I installed (side-loaded). It works great for transfering files between computer and other devices via my WLAN.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Although I'm STILL waiting for mine, it is a little disappointing that power button is at the buttom of the KF. Tendency to shut off if holding it upright??

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EABonney View Post

-Eric
    ...And amber if the charge falls below a certain value.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Princess View Post
    Although I'm STILL waiting for mine, it is a little disappointing that power button is at the buttom of the KF. Tendency to shut off if holding it upright??
    It hasn't been a problem thus far and I've handled the Fire at all angles.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    It hasn't been a problem thus far and I've handled the Fire at all angles.
    For me I have hit it a couple of times with my little finger when holding it in my right hand only. I have my pinky at the bottom of the device to stabilize the device and I have turned it off a couple of times by accident. I really wish they has put the headphone jack AND power button on the top of the device.

-Eric

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    For transfering files wirelessly I use ES Explorer -- it was the first app I installed (side-loaded).
    Just wanted to mention that ES File Explorer IS in the AMZ market...

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Just wanted to mention that ES File Explorer IS in the AMZ market...
    It is indeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links