Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Shuts Off When Charger Plugged In

This is a discussion on Kindle Shuts Off When Charger Plugged In within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When i plug in my charger to my kindle, it shuts off, and the orange like dont come on. and when the charger is pluged ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Kindle Shuts Off When Charger Plugged In

When i plug in my charger to my kindle, it shuts off, and the orange like dont come on. and when the charger is pluged in it wont let me turn it on, if i unplug it i can turn it on. It charges when it shuts up, but i would like to still read it when its charging also. Please help me fix this problem

dvdcatalyst
    Hi, welcome to the forums.

It could be the charger that you are using. When you plug it into a different charger (if possible) or in the USB port of your computer, does it let you access it then while charging?

Member #
    I am having a similar issue, but mine I believe is because of the charging port that I changed out. After we replaced the port, it appeared that it was still dead and not charging. I could not get it to come back on at all. After looking at it closer we found we did not plug something in properly. After that it came on with no problem, and it had a full charge- great, we fixed it. Wrong! Now when I plug it in it will automatically turn it off and reboot. Sometimes it will boot several times and then stay on, other times it boots then shuts off. Either way, it happens only when its plugged in. It doesn't matter if its a plug into the wall or a computer. I have tried several different charger cords, several different wall sockets and several computers- the same results. The only conclusion I have come up with is that when the battery went dead (critical level dead)- it did something to it. I am at a loss as to what it be at this point, I don't know how I will be able to get it charged back up again. I don't want to change out the battery and find out that there was nothing wrong with it. Can't afford to get a new one. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or can point me in a direction? It would be much appreciated.

Member #
    this is happening with mine as well, it used to not do this but has for 3 days, call customer service have them replace it, im having issues as mine is no longer under warranty

Ads