Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Viewing Photos on Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on Viewing Photos on Kindle Fire within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; So, after doing a little more poking around on this subject, I have come to the conclusion that the only way you are going to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Viewing Photos on Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    So, after doing a little more poking around on this subject, I have come to the conclusion that the only way you are going to be able to view your photo's in the Cloud is to download them. Huh? If I have the option of listening to music via the Cloud or the Device, or watching Movies via the Cloud or on my device, then I should also have the option of viewing photos in the Cloud. I don't want to download pictures from the Cloud and bog down my KF that is only 8G with a bunch of pictures! This doesn't make sense to me.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxhorn View Post
    No, the Gallery does not give you the option of chooses between the Cloud and the Device...
    Bummer.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    So, after doing a little more poking around on this subject, I have come to the conclusion that the only way you are going to be able to view your photo's in the Cloud is to download them. Huh? If I have the option of listening to music via the Cloud or the Device, or watching Movies via the Cloud or on my device, then I should also have the option of viewing photos in the Cloud. I don't want to download pictures from the Cloud and bog down my KF that is only 8G with a bunch of pictures! This doesn't make sense to me.
    It makes perfect sense from Amazon's standpoint -- they want you to buy/rent content. They don't sell photos.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    True: they don't sell photo's but they do sell space in the Cloud over 5G. So don't you think they would want you to load all of your stuff, including photo's, in the Cloud and pay them to do so?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Well forget about viewing photo's in the Cloud with your KF. See below-

Hello R. Oxhorn,
    Yes you are correct. Image files you have stored on your Cloud Drive are not accessible for viewing via the Gallery App. Once you've transferred content to your Kindle Fire or downloaded content using the Amazon Silk web browser, the content will be saved in your Gallery. Gallery supports these file formats:

* Video Formats (MP4, VP8)
    * Image Formats (JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP)

More information is available at Amazon.com Help: Using Apps on Kindle Fire. If you require further assistance or have any other questions, please feel free to contact Amazon Kindle Customer Support! Amazon.com Help: Contact Customer Service. You can also give us a call at: U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072, Kindle Support: 1-866-321-8851
    International: 1-206-266-2992

Best Regards,
    Shannon A., Amazon Kindle Customer Service

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I guess I was looking at the photos on my Fire when I thought it was the cloud.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    True: they don't sell photo's but they do sell space in the Cloud over 5G. So don't you think they would want you to load all of your stuff, including photo's, in the Cloud and pay them to do so?
    Perhaps, but I still think the limitation is based on Amazon's objective to get the consumer to buy more of what they can store in the cloud. Have you checked another provider of cloud storage?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    And it only gets better!!! I have not been able to download even one picture to my kf' , Xoom or PC from the cloud. This shouldn't be that difficult ----check the box before the picture and tap download. Absolutely nothing happens.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Dropbox it!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Gallery app not recognizing photos in cloud. Why?
    you gotta download the photo firs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links