Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What do I do with my old Kindle Fire ????

This is a discussion on What do I do with my old Kindle Fire ???? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I just pre-order a Kindle Fire HD 9" 4G. My question is what do I do with my "beloved" 7" Kindle Fire when the new ...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Question What do I do with my old Kindle Fire ????

I just pre-order a Kindle Fire HD 9" 4G. My question is what do I do with my "beloved" 7" Kindle Fire when the new KF coming (the promise delivery date is Nov/28 - Dec/4).

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    In my case, when I switched from my KF to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, I gave my KF to my son. If I didn't have anyone to hand it down to then I would probably root it and experiment with it to my heart's content. Another option would be to sell it but not sure how much you could sell it for since the non HD KF is selling for $159.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    The compactness of the 7"er won't go unnoticed once you start using the big brother 9" version, especially for a reader on the go. I think it depends on what you are using your current model for. If the portability is a key factor for you, you might want to wait before deciding. It may still get used a lot while on the go. Mine became my take with vs my Tab 10.1 when away from home.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Son already had 10" tablet and never want anything smaller than 10".
    Anyway thanks for your advice.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    You can sell it or trade it in for an Amazon gift card worth up to $83.50, depending on the condition of the KF.
    ASUS TF300, 32GB w/Dock (Thanks TFF)
    Nexus 7, 16GB
    Kindle Fire HD, 7"
    Samsung Epic 4G

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolsa View Post
    I just pre-order a Kindle Fire HD 9" 4G. My question is what do I do with my "beloved" 7" Kindle Fire when the new KF coming (the promise delivery date is Nov/28 - Dec/4).
    Hi Bolsa,

I would suggest to keep it.

If my experiences with the K7" Kindle Fire HD are an indication of what is to come with the 8.9, you might enjoy the "old" one a bit more.

Not that the HD is bad, but it has some quirks that I don't experience with the original Kindle Fire.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links