Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire HD 9" 4G or Not 4G ??

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire HD 9" 4G or Not 4G ?? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I will definitely pre-order the Kindle Fire HD 9". The question is: What the KF HD 9" 4G can do more than the Non 4G. ...

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Question Kindle Fire HD 9" 4G or Not 4G ??

I will definitely pre-order the Kindle Fire HD 9". The question is: What the KF HD 9" 4G can do more than the Non 4G.

(The 4G is $200 more and $50/year more for data plan).

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The 4G allows you to connect to the internet via a cellular connection so if you are near a cell tower you can have an internet connection. The other model is wifi only which means you need to be near a wifi hotspot to be able to access the internet.

I personally think the data plan ($50 for the FIRST year) is NOT a good deal, 250M/month is not a lot of data and if you need more than 250M in a month it will cost $30 or more (per month).
    Last edited by strollin; 09-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I think I will get the 4G, $500, it's a big bite on my budget, but in the long run I will save it. It's cost me $15/month for 200MB/month data plan on my 3G smart phone. Now I got 250MB/month for 4G for $40/year, it's a winner.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolsa View Post
    I think I will get the 4G, $500, it's a big bite on my budget, but in the long run I will save it. It's cost me $15/month for 200MB/month data plan on my 3G smart phone. Now I got 250MB/month for 4G for $40/year, it's a winner.
    I agree with strollin - it's not the best deal. Also, you will find that you will burn through data much faster on 4G than you do now on your 3G phone. Just for email and web browsing 250MB is nothing. It's a big premium to pay, not only for the data plan but the added expense of the hardware.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    It's your decision but remember that the $50 data plan is just an "introductory" plan for the 1st year, it goes up after that.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    We've already trained ourselves to enjoy our kfires near wifi hotspots anyway, so there's another reason to not choose the 4g kfire hd.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolsa View Post
    I tend to agree. I saw the same "you'll burn your data up in 2 minutes" stuff before getting my 4g phone and after having it almost 10 months my usage amount hasn't changed a bit. I just get my stuff faster. I used Wi-Fi almost exclusively on a 3g phone and almost exclusively on a 4g phone. Using mobile sites, turning off your data radio unless actually needing it, etc will keep the waste to a minimum. I've got unlimited on my phone but enjoy the peace and quiet of no notifications or anything like that when out and about away from Wi-Fi.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I had I-phone 3G and my data plan $15/month for 200MB/month. I kept monitor my data usage (by call *data#) and I never used more than 100MB/month.
    With that rate of using data in 3G , will I use the same rate of data in 4G, or 4G system require more data than 3G ????

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links