Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Kindle Fire owners: Post screenshots/video of programming PDF on the Kindle Fire

This is a discussion on Kindle Fire owners: Post screenshots/video of programming PDF on the Kindle Fire within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; I'm considering purchasing a Kindle Fire in order to consume the numerous programming PDF books that are all the rage these days. For cost reasons, ...

Member #

Kindle Fire owners: Post screenshots/video of programming PDF on the Kindle Fire

I'm considering purchasing a Kindle Fire in order to consume the numerous programming PDF books that are all the rage these days. For cost reasons, I'm hoping the KF can do a decent enough job over the iPad so I can save the extra cash.

Would appreciate photos/screenshots/videos of a Kindle Fire with a programming PDF on it's display.

Thanks for any help.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I do have some books of an HTML 5 nature in PDF format on my Kindle Fire. I'm at the office right now but I'll see if I can get you some pics or a video to help you get a good idea of what they will look like.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Ok, so I'm not the best with a camera but here's what I came up with. Just a few pics to help you get an idea of what a PDF looks like on the Kindle Fire. I would've posted the pictures here but they would take up a bit of space. In that album, work your way from left to right. I show the title of the book and then I show you 2 different pages what they look like normally and then what they look like if you double tap the screen to zoom in on the page. If you have trouble reading the pdf's on the Fire, double tapping and browsing around the page seems to be a good enough solution for me but I'm sure someone out there may have a better way of displaying PDFs. Seeing as this is my first Kindle, I might poke around some more with PDFs. The only way I've seen to open them is through my download list in my web browser and I'm sure there is an easier way.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Many of the 'QuickOffice' type apps also have pdf viewers, that may have additional configuration options.

Member #
    Awesome Grimblast! This looks great! I was wondering if viewing it via landscape mode and zoomed if all of the contents would appear on the page without scrolling left to right? After seeing this I think there is a good possibility that I could read code on a KF and I can save the extra $$ for books!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Good point! I didn't think about going to landscape when I was doing that. I took a look and it seems you still have to scroll left to right by about maybe 3 to 5 words when zoomed in on landscape. Still not too bad. I did check out Quickoffice and that certainly makes it easier to get to my PDF's through its file browser. I didn't try getting too much into its settings but it seemed to display the PDF's the same way as going through my web browser and going to the downloads like I was. In the future I'll most likely use Quickoffice to get to my PDF's. Thanks for the app suggestion, alphawave7!

Member #
    Awesome Grimblast! One last question. You mentioned and I've seen reviewed the "tap zoom" on the KF that seems to zoom to a predefined setting (maybe 35%). I was wondering if the KF has the concept of the "pinch zoom" like the iPad and if so, how it works with the PDF?

Thanks so much for your help with this!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I knew I forgot something. Yes, it does pinch zoom like the iPad. It looks like it only does it in forms of literature(ebooks, pdfs, etc) and web browsing.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links