Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

First Impression

This is a discussion on First Impression within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; My son received his KF today. Up until now he has been a iPad user. His first impression: "My Kindle Fire came today so here ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By w9zo

Thread: First Impression

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

First Impression

My son received his KF today.
    Up until now he has been a iPad user.
    His first impression:

"My Kindle Fire came today so here are my first impressions... Overall very happy with it so far. Screen is vibrant, easy to read, video resolution is fantastic. Most of the apps I use regularly on iPad are also available for the Fire though some seem to work a little differently (may just be the Android versions vs iOS). The device feels a little heavier than I expected but not overly heavy (feels about the same as an iPad even though it is smaller). Volume control is a little trickier to figure out that on the iPad since there are no external keys to press to adjust. The Cloud storage feature is AWESOME! Overall... two thumbs up. Definitely worth the $200."
    W8WCA likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Pretty nice do far. Only thing I wont be able to live with is font is way too small. I cant see where to change.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Member #
    Why cant I change the lock screen wallpaper?

Member #
    I played around with my device last night and I have a couple of issues that I dislike.

1. I can't ever figure out why on earth any manufacturer puts the headphone jack on the BOTTOM of the device! This is going to be a source of frustration for me over and over again. I had a phone years ago that was like this and it was a pita back then and I don't expect it to be any different with the Kindle.

2. Why put the damn power button on the bottom of the device as well?!? Can't tell you how many times last night while reading I hit the power button either on my stomach or with my pinkie finger while holding the device one handed.

Other than these minor complaints I really like this device. Screen is fantastic, it seems quick enough for my demands at the moment and so far everything I have tried to run on it runs just fine. It is heavier than I expected but nothing that I am overly worried about. I like how solid it feels actually. I wish there was a way to change the wallpaper on the lock screen to a picture of my choosing, but those things I am sure will get fixed eventually.

-Eric

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks w9zo.

It would be interesting to hear back from him in a week or so.
    If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?
    Albert Einstein

Cheers Charlie

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links