Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can you transfer pics from camera to Fire without a PC?

This is a discussion on Can you transfer pics from camera to Fire without a PC? within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; When traveling, I like to be able to post pics to Facebook, but in the past we had to bring a laptop for this. Now ...

Member #

Can you transfer pics from camera to Fire without a PC?

When traveling, I like to be able to post pics to Facebook, but in the past we had to bring a laptop for this. Now that my wife and I both have Fires, I'm looking for a way to transfer pics from the camera to the Kindle, then to FB. My Sony camera has a mini-USB cable, and I got a mini to micros USB adpater, but I don't see how I can access the camera from the Fire. Does anyone have a way to do this?

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I don't think there is a way to connect a cable from the camera to the KF as you can with a laptop, nor can you pull the memory card from the camera and put it into the KF to copy the pics. I have never tried this personally but I've read that it works, depending on whether or not your camera uses SD cards or not. It's called an Eye-Fi card. It's an SD memory card with built-in wifi! There's an Eye-Fi app in the Amazon Store that will connect to the card while it is in the camera and allow you to transfer pics directly from the SD card to the KF. It also has the ability to transfer to on-line services such as Facebook thru a wifi internet connection. If my camera accepted SD cards I would definitely get one of these, unfortunately, my camera uses Sony Memory Sticks.
    Last edited by strollin; 08-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links