Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My First Impressions

This is a discussion on My First Impressions within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Originally Posted by quadtronix Congrats on your new toy! Yeah I may talk about not wanting to upgrade to the N7 now and then, but ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    59
    Liked
    51 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colonial Heights Virginia
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtronix View Post
    Congrats on your new toy! Yeah I may talk about not wanting to upgrade to the N7 now and then, but I will probably give in and get one soon. It's a pretty sweet device for a great price... plus the launchers will make it work in landscape I hear. What made you pick Nova? Is that the best one? I've been on the Nexustabletforums for a while now maybe I'll see you there too.
    It's basically an upgrade to Go to me. Works like Go but does more while using less resources. I've got it on all but my Incredible1 now.
    Using Flex T9 on this makes all the difference to me. It may sound silly but the keyboard on the Fire is what holds me back from being able to use it as a heavy lifter. I can slide or dictate with Flex instead of peck away with a stylus pen.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking for a forum to read about this tablet.

    Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    Shot from a Nexus 7

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Member #
    4087
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28
    No problem... The forum I mentioned is actually called nexustablets.net. It's a good forum.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Member #
    4087
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28
    Well... got the N7 last Friday and so far am very pleased with it. It is fast, responsive, has a crisp screen and Jelly Bean is awesome. Still like my Fire though and will be using the two tablets interchangeably. Can't wait to see what Amazon announces even though I think I am done buying tablets for a while... Next on my list is a new phone although I doubt that will be very soon since I just got my Bionic earlier this year. Anyway, the kindle fire 2 should be pretty awesome if the rumors hold up and there are some cool renders out there based on the rumors.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    59
    Liked
    51 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colonial Heights Virginia
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtronix View Post
    Well... got the N7 last Friday and so far am very pleased with it. It is fast, responsive, has a crisp screen and Jelly Bean is awesome. Still like my Fire though and will be using the two tablets interchangeably. Can't wait to see what Amazon announces even though I think I am done buying tablets for a while... Next on my list is a new phone although I doubt that will be very soon since I just got my Bionic earlier this year. Anyway, the kindle fire 2 should be pretty awesome if the rumors hold up and there are some cool renders out there based on the rumors.
    Is it me or does your Fire screen look a little more "real"? Look at the Kindle app side by side and the Fire looks more like paper vs the Nexus7 being more tan is an example. Photos side by side are awesome on both but the Fire seems just a little more realistic to me. Apps are about the same in sharpness as well.
    Oh and don't look for battery life to be what the Fire has. All that speed comes at a price.

    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Member #
    4087
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Is it me or does your Fire screen look a little more "real"? Look at the Kindle app side by side and the Fire looks more like paper vs the Nexus7 being more tan is an example. Photos side by side are awesome on both but the Fire seems just a little more realistic to me. Apps are about the same in sharpness as well.
    Oh and don't look for battery life to be what the Fire has. All that speed comes at a price.

    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    I've heard that alot of people find the N7 screen a little bland and washed out... I am liking it though. Text on web pages seems crisper and sharper to me probably due to the higher rez display. I don't have the kindle app on my n7 to compare cause i use my Fire for kindle books but if I get it I'll check them out side by side. I know what you mean about the battery though. Am charging it right now! LOL... :-) but it lasts me 24 hours or so with moderate use.

    Sent from my SGT 7.0 Plus using Tapatalk 2

  6. #26
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    59
    Liked
    51 times
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colonial Heights Virginia
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtronix View Post
    I've heard that alot of people find the N7 screen a little bland and washed out... I am liking it though. Text on web pages seems crisper and sharper to me probably due to the higher rez display. I don't have the kindle app on my n7 to compare cause i use my Fire for kindle books but if I get it I'll check them out side by side. I know what you mean about the battery though. Am charging it right now! LOL... :-) but it lasts me 24 hours or so with moderate use.

    Sent from my SGT 7.0 Plus using Tapatalk 2
    Texts and letters are crisp and very sharp on the Nexus, moreso than the Fire. It's colors that aren't as natural. Nothing bleached looking like the iPad1,2 and 3, but not as sharp.
    I'm used to using my Fire for 9+ hours of screen time, charging it only a couple of times a week at most, and was surprised when , because of all the rave reviews about battery life, I only get about 5-6 and have to charge it every other day.
    It's not a complaint since I plug in at bed time anyway when they are getting low, just have to do it more often on the Nexus.

    Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    sent from this Galaxy

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Member #
    4087
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    28
    I will have to do a side by side comparison of the screens later and see about photos on the two devices. I did see a video with the Galaxy Nexus screen versus N7. The N7 was not as bright and a little bit washed out by comparison. I'm not disapointed with the N7 screen though. Most of what I use it for is reading online. I also watched some youtube and did some nook reading on it and it is not too bad. Can't wait to put shadowgun on it and compare the differences with the tegra 3 SOC vs. my Bionic. I hear they added effects like water on the ground and stuff that only works on Tegra 3.

    Kindle Fire 2 should be announced in a few days too. Can't wait to see what Amazon is gonna bring to this fight. Its turning out to be a great year for tablets... Especially 7" ones.

    Sent from my SGT 7.0 Plus using Tapatalk 2

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best kindle fire browser firefox

,

gmail apk kindle fire no root

,

google framework apk ics fire without root

,

googleframework.apk

,

how do i change wallpaper on my leader impression tablet

,

kindle fire 2 widgets

,

kindle fire browser scroll top

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Back to Top