Register

Member Login

Welcome to the Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My First Impressions

This is a discussion on My First Impressions within the Amazon Kindle Fire General Discussions forums, part of the Amazon Kindle Fire Forum category; Cool! I'm using some of the go launcher widgets for power management, weather and task killer and settings toggles on my home screen. Got a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Cool! I'm using some of the go launcher widgets for power management, weather and task killer and settings toggles on my home screen. Got a cool Ics theme going on too. Downloaded a nature scene as my wallpaper of a mountain with blue sky in the background. Looks ok in landscape and portrait. Will take a pic of it later and upload.

Member #
    Here's how I have it set up...

Portrait.jpg

Member #
    And here it is in landscape...

landscape 1.jpg

landscape 2.jpg

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quadtronix View Post
    Here's how I have it set up...

Portrait.jpg
    I like that setup a lot

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quadtronix... looks good! Not sure if you knew this but you can get many Google apps to work on the Fire if you install googleservicesframework.apk. It works with Gmail, Reader, Music, Books, YouTube and Google+. It will not work with Calendar, Playstore and Currents. By doing this (and using Go Launcher and Rotating Wallpaper) I've been able to get my Fire to do everything I want it to without rooting. Not sure if it still works but there is a link to the Googlesevicesframework apk in this thread: Gmail app for KF without rooting?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    I like that setup a lot

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Thanks!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceGuy View Post
    Quadtronix... looks good! Not sure if you knew this but you can get many Google apps to work on the Fire if you install googleservicesframework.apk. It works with Gmail, Reader, Music, Books, YouTube and Google+. It will not work with Calendar, Playstore and Currents. By doing this (and using Go Launcher and Rotating Wallpaper) I've been able to get my Fire to do everything I want it to without rooting. Not sure if it still works but there is a link to the Googlesevicesframework apk in this thread: Gmail app for KF without rooting?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the tip... Will look into it.

Member #
    Just played with the Nexus 7 for first time this morning... nothing too special. Screen is nice but not worth 200 bucks to upgrade from my current tabs. Plus doesn't rotate to landscape on homescreen hmmm how odd that they would make it like that....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I actually prefer the screen sharpness of the Fire over the N7 but I picked up an N7 today at Wal-Mart. It's really nice having the heavy lifting capability of my Tab in a tablet that'll fit in my pocket but GOLLY JELLY BEAN is BORING out of the box. I've spent most of the day losing the JB look and feel with Nova and my other setup apps. I've had it crash as many times today,2, as my Fire has since Feb. but I it's something with freezing apps and my Tab and phone (ICS) do the same thing if I freeze a bunch at once.
    If I had to choose only 1 of the 7" models I've got it'd be the Fire still, though the N7 will probably get used a ton.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    Shot from a Nexus 7

Member #
    Congrats on your new toy! Yeah I may talk about not wanting to upgrade to the N7 now and then, but I will probably give in and get one soon. It's a pretty sweet device for a great price... plus the launchers will make it work in landscape I hear. What made you pick Nova? Is that the best one? I've been on the Nexustabletforums for a while now maybe I'll see you there too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links